Menu

Forums - General Chat

staying logged in?

•  HopkinsHopkins
    • is this possible? i'm fed up of having to log in each time i visit here on my works pc, iphone, home pc and laptop
    •  mambamamba
    • I have to say it annoys me a little too.
    •  PodgePodge
    • Ben doesn't like the idea, I forget why, but as he writes all the code you're a bit out of luck
    •  HopkinsHopkins
    • It's not the end of the world, just a minor irritation
    •  PodgePodge
    • I only ever come on here on my phone now so its little bother to me too but I do fancy writing an app for the site
    •  pull-my-plonkerpull-my-plonker
    • Podge says:
      I only ever come on here on my phone now so its little bother to me too but I do fancy writing an app for the site

I don't have an iphone but this could be cool. What could be included?!
    •  GarethGareth
    • Odd, I stay logged in all the time. Probably due to my browser settings remembering the password and sorting it all for me.
    •  HopkinsHopkins
    • Gareth says:
      Odd, I stay logged in all the time. Probably due to my browser settings remembering the password and sorting it all for me.

on different computers?
    •  GarethGareth
    • No, just my home one. If I log in on a different machine I have to log back into the home one afterwards.
    •  mikemike
    • Same here, Firefox is ace.
    •  PodgePodge
    • pull-my-plonker says:
      Podge says:
      I only ever come on here on my phone now so its little bother to me too but I do fancy writing an app for the site

I don't have an iphone but this could be cool. What could be included?!

I don't have an iphone either, I'm on google's android. I'm not sure what you mean by being included but it'd be pretty basic otherwise I'd still just use the main site
    •  BenBen
    • Changing to being able to stay logged in on multiple computers is quite a change from a code point of view due to the way I originally designed the site. There's also some security implications, especially with public computers etc.

Regarding an app, for it to work properly I'll need to write some sort of API for the site, which can be simple or difficult depending on what the app does. It would be good to write the app as portable as possible so it could be made available for Maemo as well as Android, no idea about iPhone development, other than it's very restrictive and you lose total control of the app to apple, which is not something I'm interested in.

Forums - General Chat - staying logged in?