Menu

Forums - General Chat

Weekend thread

•  bad admiralbad admiral
    • i spent the weekend talking to mazz on the phone about a working men's club and working. nothing happened apart from these earth humping events.

i am now on my weekend.
      today i went and saw me old work colleagues and sorted a fews bits out and went for a swim.
      tomorrow i will maybe go to the invasion launch...
    •  JenTheHenJenTheHen
    • On Saturday I did accounts, sorted out our budget and then moved house to a nicer place closer to the centre of Newcastle. I'm now living with the art department on this film...we'll see how that goes.

Sunday had to go to Asda to buy supplies, but then found a fucking mint beer garden right by my house and had some....erm....beer.

This weekend I might go to the seaside again.

Our art director has possibly the most awesome dog I ever did meet and we walked him on the beach the other day. It was a special evening. Special.
    •  Rob HimselfRob Himself
    • Saturday I took care of business re: new house and then went to see Andy Mfkzt's band, Sunday I went to the Antiques Roadshow to have a priceless family heirloom valued. £80 apparently. Tsk. Still, saw Fiona Bruce and got a bit of a queue tan.
    •  MazzMazz
    • Rob Himself says:
      Saturday I took care of business re: new house and then went to see Andy Mfkzt's band, Sunday I went to the Antiques Roadshow to have a priceless family heirloom valued. £80 apparently. Tsk. Still, saw Fiona Bruce and got a bit of a queue tan.

I like Fiona Bruce....good legs...good eyes...good voice.
    •  mambamamba
    • I forgot to mention, I also drove past here on Sunday which totally made my weekend...

http://mw2.google.com/mw-panoramio/photos/medium/9070134.jpg
    •  MazzMazz
    • I saw this shitz..

Notable church monuments surviving in Tewkesbury Abbey include:

1107 - when the abbey's founder Robert Fitzhamon died in 1107, he was buried in the chapter house while his son-in-law Robert FitzRoy (an illegitimate son of King Henry I), Earl of Gloucester, continued building the abbey
      1375 - Edward Despenser, Lord of the Manor of Tewkesbury, is remembered today chiefly for the effigy on his monument, which shows him in full colour kneeling on top of the canopy of his chantry, facing toward the high altar
      ~1395 - Robert Fitzhamon's remains were moved into a new chapel built as his tomb
      1471 - a brass plate on the floor in the center of the sanctuary marks the grave of Edward of Westminster, Prince of Wales, the son of King Henry VI and end of the Lancastrian line, who was killed in the Battle of Tewkesbury - the only Prince of Wales ever to die in battle.
      1477 - the bones of George, "Butt of Malmsey" Clarence, (brother of Edward IV and Richard III) and his wife Isabelle (daughter of Richard "the Kingmaker" Neville) are housed behind a glass window in a wall of their inaccessible burial vault behind the high altar
      <1539 - the cadaver monument which Abbot Wakeman had erected for himself is only a cenotaph, because he was not buried there
      Also buried in the abbey are several members of the Despenser, de Clare and Beauchamp families, all of whom were generous benefactors of the abbey

Forums - General Chat - Weekend thread