Menu

Forums - Music Discussion and Promotion

Grifter looking for gigs.

•  OllieOllie
    • We have to take a bit of a hiatus through July while my baby is being born but after the all dayer on August 2nd we'll be looking to play gigs to the end of the year.

I've had word that the EP on Fury 76 is approaching a release date (at very long last) as the issue with barcodes that has been holding up the release is almost sorted. Also we have the EP due on Catacomb Records in the autumn so we'll be looking to promote both releases and generally rock as much as we can!!!

We don't mind where it is as long as we can get some petrol dosh and get to play with some cool bands. Obviously with work...etc weekends are better but if it's a cool gig we'll give it a go whenever it is.

So, if anyone wants some damn fine rocking going on let us know.

Cheers!!!
    •  Tino InsanaTino Insana
    • You guys are playing the all-dayer right?

Well we're planning to start a string of gigs the day after (03/08). There's us and a bitching band called Bastard of the Skies playing. Do you fancy putting our heads together to find a gig in the Midlands, or somewhere a bit north of London for us all? Need some more Grifter rockin'!
    •  OllieOllie
    • Yeah man, that could be cool if anything does come up. Any ideas about venues...etc?
    •  Tino InsanaTino Insana
    • Only one I really know down there is The Shed in Leicester, and it's more of a metal crowd from what I can understand. Soph says she doesn't know many Midlands based places, but a couple of mates of mine might. I'll chasde it up over next couple of days. Obviously you guys feel free to give it a go
    •  Catacomb RecordsCatacomb Records
    • We play the Shed alot, its alright in there if you get a good crowd. There's only really The Barfly in brum but you have to proper beg!! I do know of Midlandsy venues but they're hard work unless you have the dollar to hire the room or are an indie band so can get a crowd. There's Scruffy Murphys but you have to hire it (£80) and The Black Horse (as I mentioned before) who are ace but you have to be lucky with what night you pick as to when there's a crowd, same applies to The Sheldon Marquee which we play alot... sometimes packed, sometimes not. Other than that they're shutting Brum venues down left right and centre. There's The Tardbigge in Redditch which is fuckin ace, they do a custom light show for each band. There's The Rock Cafe 2000 in Stourbridge but they mainly do tributes now, also The Mitre in Stourbridge who occasionally put on bands. JBs in Dudley but you have to beg. Little Civic in Wolves but you have to beg or hire for £500!! Plenty of places but you're either playing to no-one or having to hire it.
    •  OllieOllie
    • Sounds like most places. There are places in plymouth but we really hate playing there...the crowds tend to be either lame or non existant...or full of fucking emo kids!!!

We're playing a place I hadn't heard of before called Tiggas in Exeter next week, could be pretty good. My mate used to do promoting before and is getting back into it so I've suggested a bunch of bands to him to check out. By the way Soph, this is the guy I was telling you about, he's going to the venue tomorrow night so he'll see if he can hook you up for a date on your tour maybe...if not I'm going to try and persuade him to get you guys down another time.
    •  Catacomb RecordsCatacomb Records
    • Nice one cheers... the only date we could possibly do on our tour is Wed 16th July. We're making our way back home on the Thur so were looking at more local places on Thur 17th and Fri 18th. But other than that, any other time outside of the tour would be pretty damn sweet, cheers.
    •  OllieOllie
    • It looks like we might be organising a few dates with Domes of Silence if we can pull it off in the autumn which would be awesome but we're always on the lookout for stuff so yell if you have anything we can do.

Forums - Music Discussion and Promotion - Grifter looking for gigs.