Menu

Forums - General Chat

who wants to form a gigantic band in london?

•  SheldonSheldon
    • Epic folky jazz post rock atmospheric crazy hippie stuff

lots of musicians crazy stuff

raise your hand if your naked
    •  Catacomb RecordsCatacomb Records
    • God!! I would be sooooo up for that... but alas, I'm not in London... or anywhere near :cry:
    •  bad admiralbad admiral
    • tempted. will there be drugs/booze? bagsy "vibes".
    •  SheldonSheldon
    • it will be whatever you want it to be
    •  Big SiBig Si
    • The instrumental four fifths of Flatlands volunteer on "improv jazz-funk jams". We'll phone them in.
    • i will sit in a corner with an unmicrophoned tambourine shouting and selling cheap speed off the side of the stage.

but srsly, collectives are fucking awesome. i was in a 10 piece krautrock/space/psyche/stoner/grind/prog collective which sounded like amon duul II, can, neu and faust. we even covered hallo gallo. anyhows, we played loads in norwich under the name of eyedon'tknow and 65.29 kilogrammes of lesbo dick, wore stupid costumes and had a whole mess of fun and drank a whole load if cider.
    •  DonnyDonny
    • Could be fun!
    •  MarekMarek
    • bad admiral says:

i will sit in a corner with an unmicrophoned tambourine shouting and selling cheap speed off the side of the stage.

but srsly, collectives are fucking awesome. i was in a 10 piece krautrock/space/psyche/stoner/grind/prog collective which sounded like amon duul II, can, neu and faust. we even covered hallo gallo. anyhows, we played loads in norwich under the name of eyedon'tknow and 65.29 kilogrammes of lesbo dick, wore stupid costumes and had a whole mess of fun and drank a whole load if cider.

All of this sounds amazing
    • Marek says:

bad admiral says:

i will sit in a corner with an unmicrophoned tambourine shouting and selling cheap speed off the side of the stage.

All of this sounds amazing

dude! it took a while. we started off as a really shitty avant garde performance art troupe with industrial drum machine drums and helium vocals, literally with about 10 balloons attached to twigs on stage that the singer would swig from and sing in a napoleon xiv style.

we developed a more conventional set up after about 6 months of getting wasted and chancing it. we played with british sea power once at a cambridge uni may ball which remains one of the most decadent and debauched nights of my life.

happy days *wipes tear from eye to hovis music*
    •  GarethGareth
    • Big Si says:

The instrumental four fifths of Flatlands volunteer on "improv jazz-funk jams". We'll phone them in.

We're disturbingly good at these.
    •  JackJack
    • I'm in
    •  Rob SmithRob Smith
    • one of the few times i wish i lived in london. i´d be sooo there
    •  Tim HolehouseTim Holehouse
    • If i'm back in London soon then maybe up for some physc wig outs...

Rich is Jahiz up to 10 people now?
    • dunno...i think there's four of them. ferdy keeps meeting exciting new people that he recruits into his numerous, multifarious projects. he's like the marines.

Forums - General Chat - who wants to form a gigantic band in london?