Menu

Forums - General Chat

Rugby World Cup

•  FDFCFDFC
    • What has he done for England rugby in the last three and a half years?
    •  bad admiralbad admiral
    • developed a team which will be formidable in 2015...hopefully. :P
    •  pull-my-plonkerpull-my-plonker
    • Soooooooooooo... any reaction from Leigh about the red card??!!!

Personally I thought the tackle was a shocker - you're just not allowed to do that in international rugby any more, but it was a yellow, not a red. Alain Rolland for me is the world's best ref, but even he has shown that even the best can make a mistake in the heat of the moment. And you have to say that it has cost them the game, along with a lot of missed kicks from accomplished goalkickers.

Great performance, but the French defence was outstanding and it just wasn't enough. Warburton would have led them to victory no doubt, but you need to kick your kicks to win any match.
    •  FDFCFDFC
    • Yellow card, yes, red card, never.

Going into the game, Warburton is the best behaved player in the entire tournament. An outstanding example of what kind of person the values of rugby can create.

Regardless of my own personal bias, Rolland has absolutely ruined the tournament. The best two teams will not be playing for the Webb Ellis Trophy next week - making the World Cup Final, the sport's biggest, most important, and most watched game - absolutely meaningless.

That decision was bad for Wales, but it was much worse for the sport as a whole.
    •  MazzMazz
    • FDFC says:
      The best two teams will not be playing for the Webb Ellis Trophy next week - making the World Cup Final, the sport's biggest, most important, and most watched game - absolutely meaningless.

That decision was bad for Wales, but it was much worse for the sport as a whole.

ha ha..oh your being serious. :P
    •  FDFCFDFC
    • Mazz says:
      FDFC says:
      The best two teams will not be playing for the Webb Ellis Trophy next week - making the World Cup Final, the sport's biggest, most important, and most watched game - absolutely meaningless.

ha ha..oh your being serious. :P

Shut it Mazz! How would you like it if I took the piss out of David Coverdale?
    •  MazzMazz
    • You wouldn’t DARE.
    •  bad admiralbad admiral
    • FDFC says:

entire fucking tournament hasn't shown the game in it best light to be honest...

i thought the takle was fine personally. there was no spearing (which i personally think is part of the rough and tumble). warburton's reputation remains intact. the guy's great for the sport and what has happened is just bobbins.

final's the biggest waste of time. best team in world takes on team which has made the final through a succession of clerical errors. 80 mins just a formality.
    •  James GorseJames Gorse
    • Sadly you're right, tournament was disappointing, and Wales, its brightest hope, fucked it. Captain shouldn't make a tackle like that in a semi, just too risky, and if he was mr sobriety the rest of the time, he didn't do it when it counted, ie with a trigger happy ref. The other boyos then proceeded to miss every opportunity to kick the points.

So anyway, back to my standard pose of supporting France, they better be good, otherwise I can't say rugby is more fun than football any more!!
    •  OllieOllie
    • James Gorse says:
      Sadly you're right, tournament was disappointing, and Wales, its brightest hope, fucked it. Captain shouldn't make a tackle like that in a semi, just too risky, and if he was mr sobriety the rest of the time, he didn't do it when it counted, ie with a trigger happy ref. The other boyos then proceeded to miss every opportunity to kick the points.

So anyway, back to my standard pose of supporting France, they better be good, otherwise I can't say rugby is more fun than football any more!!

I usually support France in stuff anyway...being half French.
    •  James GorseJames Gorse
    • I support them on grounds of being interesting...even NZ don't seem particularly inspired this year, England are always dulll as fuck x

Forums - General Chat - Rugby World Cup