Menu

Forums - Music Discussion and Promotion

Pombagira & Switchblade (sweden) UK shows,

•  pombagira666pombagira666
    • Pombagira will be hitting the UK road in Sept, coinciding with the release of their 4th album Iconoclast Dream, and will be accompanied by Sweden's most amazing veterans Switchblade.
      Friday 9th Sept is currently scheduled for Nottingham, but may move if we can't get Chameleon Arts Centre, since Stuck on A Name will not be doing anymore shows
      Saturday 10th Sept Birmingham Wagon and Horses
      Sunday 11th Sept London Purple Turtle also w/Serpent Venom and Koresh + more to TBA.
    •  bad admiralbad admiral
    • cool! looking forwards to jammin' with some good folks @ the turtle!
    •  pull-my-plonkerpull-my-plonker
    • Pombagiro + Snake Juice + Confesh will be brutal.
    •  basstardbasstard
    • Brum date is going in the diary
    •  b.k butlerb.k butler
    • Any idea who's putting on the Brum show?
    • yeah it's Jim from Grimpen Mire and Matt from After the Last Sky
    •  b.k butlerb.k butler
    • Cheers dude, should be a killer show!
    • Good news: Friday 9th Sept @ Chameleon Arts Centre in Nottingham is now confirmed...just waiting to hear about who the support acts will be.
      Have heard volume can be an issue at this venue, having never been I'm wondering what experiences other people have had with this place?
      [Edited by pombagira666 at 13:01 on 15/07/11]
    •  wounded kingwounded king
    • This tour will be monstrous - mark my words!!

I've had the pleasure of having a copy of ICONOCLAST DREAM for some weeks now, and i can say it really is insanely good!! everything the band have been working towards on the previous releases reaches it's zenith on this album!!
    •  bazzathespazbazzathespaz
    • pombagira666 says:
      Good news: Friday 9th Sept @ Chameleon Arts Centre in Nottingham is now confirmed...just waiting to hear about who will support acts will be.
      Have heard volume can be an issue at this venue, having never been I'm wondering what experiences other people have had with this place?

It's a great venue but it's in an old building and the floor has recently had to be reinforced due to it sagging impressively since there have been more gigs there over the last couple of years. I've been to gigs there that have been very loud. But I've also been to Pombagira gigs which are louder than most. I suppose at the end of the day you might have to turn down a little if necessary but as I say there's normally a fair bit of leeway. All in all it's a good venue.
    • yeah I figured that's probably what we will have to do, which of course is absolutely fine. As the Stuck on a Name show a few months ago proved, you can run a fairly large backline at volume without the drums being miked up and it is still possible to hear the drums clearly, it's just down to the acoustics of the room. Someone had said the pa at the Chameleon is quite robust
    •  PetePete
    • (I'm pretty sure) I saw Hey Colossus there a few years back and they were incredibly loud. Good venue.
    • I'm really looking forward to this show...of course hoping for a respectable turnout like any band would, but whatever the outcome having the opportunity to play with Switchblade is always an incredible honour as well as playing in Notts again.
      [Edited by pombagira666 at 11:45 on 16/07/11]
    • Mangle and Meatpacker have just been announced as the supports for the show in Nottingham.

Forums - Music Discussion and Promotion - Pombagira & Switchblade (sweden) UK shows,