Menu

Forums - Music Discussion and Promotion

Review of the Boris/Ian Astbury EP

•  basstardbasstard
    • Well, it's over 20 years since I gave up on The Cult so I was a little wary of what this collaboration would bring.
      Reading your review makes it sound like a very tantalising prospect though so I may well be making a purchase. Nice bit of writing.
    •  alanalan
    • Sounds pretty iiinteresting...
    •  OllieOllie
    • I was very surprised as I have to admit I thought it'd be shit but I was really shocked at how good it is...one of the best things I've heard in a long time. Very restrained by Boris.
    •  seansean
    • i have pre - ordered from HMV excited about this one, i am a fan of the Astbury and The Cult, but those who know me wouldn't have had to strain to figure that out, i am taking the boy to see The Cult at Sonisphere. i also like Boris a great deal, So i should be happy when thats delivered ,judging by that review !
    •  JackJack
    • When I first moved to London I hated one of the girls i lived with, she was a complete psycho. I played the whole of Boris- Feedbacker at full volume in my room with the door locked and lay on my bed getting pissed. Eventually i heard the door slam as she left, one of the best listening experiences ever
    •  OllieOllie
    • Jack says:
      When I first moved to London I hated one of the girls i lived with, she was a complete psycho. I played the whole of Boris- Feedbacker at full volume in my room with the door locked and lay on my bed getting pissed. Eventually i heard the door slam as she left, one of the best listening experiences ever

They are an acquired taste. I listened to Feedbacker ages ago and found it hard work but after listening to this collaboration I listened to it again and loved it. Absolutego is the real hard work though.
    •  JackJack
    • Ollie says:
      Jack says:
      When I first moved to London I hated one of the girls i lived with, she was a complete psycho. I played the whole of Boris- Feedbacker at full volume in my room with the door locked and lay on my bed getting pissed. Eventually i heard the door slam as she left, one of the best listening experiences ever

They are an acquired taste. I listened to Feedbacker ages ago and found it hard work but after listening to this collaboration I listened to it again and loved it. Absolutego is the real hard work though.

That used to come with a gummy snake in the edge of the cd
    •  OllieOllie
    • That was Amplifier Worship...an awesome album. Absolutego was an hour of total drone...rather hard going.

I still have the gummy snake in the jewel case. I figure as long as it doesn't go off it could be worth something one day.
    •  mikemike
    • I once put Absolutego on while doing some uni work, and went in to some sort of trance about halfway through, looked back at my page and my sentence had just trailed off the end of the page, haha!
    •  bad admiralbad admiral
    • mike says:
      I once put Absolutego on while doing some uni work, and went in to some sort of trance about halfway through, looked back at my page and my sentence had just trailed off the end of the page, haha!

i had something similar with jerusalem by sleep. i stuck it on some cans - loud, crumbled a 10 bag of standard hashish into a cup of coffee, sat down to some geography coursework about coastlines. I all went well at first and i got some super productive stuff done, then I spent 2 and a half hours typing, deleting and retyping the same sentence. at this point i decided to call it a day and went to bed early.
    •  lplp
    • YOURE LITTLE BASTARD

THAT WAS MY MUM NEXT DOOR
    •  seansean
    • Playing it now ! Fine ,everything i read in a great review on Sleeping Shaman - Awesome Tune's

Forums - Music Discussion and Promotion - Review of the Boris/Ian Astbury EP