Menu
    •  JackJack
    • I'm quite chuffed I can now get 4 finger picking on the guitar and I'm busting out some lovely blues:)
    •  GarethGareth
    • You mean with the pinky or just the others? I've started playing fingerstyle a month or 2 ago, slowly getting the hang of it.
    •  JackJack
    • yup with the pinky, but now I'm realising it hurts a lot and confuses me, so sticking with thumb and three fingers
    •  WickedWesticleWickedWesticle
    • Jack Dickinson says:
      I'm quite chuffed I can now get 4 finger picking on the guitar and I'm busting out some lovely blues:)

Cool. I love acoustic finger picking stuff. I've been working on it on and off over the years. I've never done the pinky though, it's a free spirit compared to the others. This is me doing some blues here - www.youtube.com/trippywicked

I love this tune. I'm trying to learn another one of his (Skip James) but I'm really struggling.
    •  GarethGareth
    • I'm learning Mark Kozelek stuff. Tis well hard.
    •  fredfred
    • I've revived my classical guitar. Was gonna sell it but it sounds too nice. Gradually remembering how to read music. I used to be able to play classical gas. My housemate is pretty good at fingerpicking all the blues stuff. I want a banjo.
    •  Big SiBig Si
    • I want a banjo too. Let's start a jug band.
    •  noonenoone
    • I'm quite impressed that nobody has mentioned one-string banjos.......
      oh shit!
    •  Rob SmithRob Smith
    • It's all i've done now for the past month or so
      I dont think i've picked up my electric more than once in over a month
    •  HogTeamHogTeam
    • Jack Dickinson says:
      I'm quite chuffed I can now get 4 finger picking on the guitar and I'm busting out some lovely blues:)

i just learnt 2 handed drumming... harder than it looks:P
    •  Tim HolehouseTim Holehouse
    • Ah I love a good finger picking... I use thumb and three fingers mainly but have been known to mix that with thumb and fore finger... bit weird but it works. Yeah tried four fingers tough know what you mean dude.
      By the way Jack still fancy the house show ninehertz acoustic idea at yours in November some when?

Forums - Music Discussion and Promotion - Fingerpicking