Menu

Forums - General Chat

Happy Birthday to me

•  basstardbasstard
    • Yes it's another lap of the block for me. Thanks for the cake and cards, collect your party bags and take a balloon each on the way out
      I have a tradition of asking online folk to recommend me a present to buy myself each year.
      I have a little spending money and want you to recommend an album for me to buy. Only one suggestion each please. Any genre welcome; old, new, classic, forgotten gem, whatever; a quick description and argument for purchase will help.
      At the end of the week I'll pick whichever of your recommendations tickles my fancy and buy it. Once I've had a chance to digest it, I'll report back with a response/ review/ thanks or no thanks.
      Cheers.
    •  MazzMazz
    • Starz - S/T

Came out in 1976..stinks of mid 70's arena rock. A mix of Kiss/Aerosmith .
    •  OllieOllie
    • Black Spiders - Sons of the North...amazing album!!!!
    •  FDFCFDFC
    • Ollie says:
      Black Spiders - Sons of the North...amazing album!!!!

Saw them last night and they taught everybody in attendance a lesson in rock and roll.

Fucking brilliant.
    •  pull-my-plonkerpull-my-plonker
    • sHeavy - Celestial Hi-Fi

Someone bought this for me for Xmas, having never heard of them. Every time I stick it on I find myself with the biggest grin outsde of the felines of Cheshire.
    •  JackJack
    • pull-my-plonker says:
      sHeavy - Celestial Hi-Fi

Someone bought this for me for Xmas, having never heard of them. Every time I stick it on I find myself with the biggest grin outsde of the felines of Cheshire.

Great band at sounding like sabbath, in a good way. Saw them once with Brant Bjork in The Underworld. Just don't buy the DVD, the sound is great but the video is awful
    •  BenBen
    • Happy Birthday! I recommend Brainwreck by Ramming Speed, it's thrashtastic!
    •  bad admiralbad admiral
    • opus dei by laibach should do the trick
    •  basstardbasstard
    • bad admiral says:
      opus dei by laibach should do the trick

That's the first suggestion I've already got. Haven't listened to it in a while, mind.
      I was playing it once when a friend of mine came round who said "What the fuck are you listening to? It sounds like jackboots marching into Poland".
      [Edited by basstard at 21:29 on 02/03/11]
    •  bad admiralbad admiral
    • basstard says:
      bad admiral says:
      opus dei by laibach should do the trick

That's the first suggestion I've already got. Haven't listened to it in a while, mind.
      I was playing it once when a friend of mine came round who said "What the fuck are you listening to? It sounds like jackboots marching into Poland".

ha ha - they do sound really dodgy at times...they're proper camp though.
    •  basstardbasstard
    • Coming towards the end of the week; any more suggestions?
    •  MazzMazz
    • Trebuchet - Stick It In
    •  BiledriverBiledriver
    • Passover - The Black Angels.

I don't require a review just a thank you. ;)
    •  JackJack
    • Love that album, such a good vibe. It's heavy
    •  basstardbasstard
    • OK, the week's pretty much over..... I've just ordered the Black Spiders album (I keep hearing praise for it so it's a fairly safe choice).
      Ta for your responses, I'll bear the others in mind for future reference.

Just noticed an Amazon marketplace seller offering Celestial Hi-fi for the too-good-to-miss price of 74p! That'll do nicely.
      [Edited by basstard at 18:34 on 06/03/11]
    •  basstardbasstard
    • Had a chance to spin the Black Spiders album a few times; liking it but there are a few quibbles... I'll try to get a proper review together this weekend.

Forums - General Chat - Happy Birthday to me