Menu

Forums - General Chat

ebay- from the sublime to the ridiculous

•  basstardbasstard
    • I have a love/ hate relationship with ebay.
      There are plenty of bargains to be had but also some terrible rip off merchants and lots of people with more money than sense.

Examples:
      (sublime) Last week I bought an old but perfectly decent HH 4x12 bass cab for £11.50.
      (ridiculous) I have been having a clear out of old T-shirts and thought I'd stick some on ebay. A 1988 Slayer tour t-shirt I'd expected to get maybe £15 for has just sold for £77! Of course I'm chuffed to bits but I can't imagine what would possess anyone to pay that much for a T-shirt.

Has anyone else has good or bad ebay experiences to share?
    •  bad admiralbad admiral
    • haha! it's capitalism gone mad!

:cigar:
    •  mikemike
    • Most albums I wanted years ago but put off buying are now a quid or two, so been enjoying that to stock up for my new job's 3 hour round trip at the moment, brilliant.

Playstation 3 games are very cheap after a few months of release on there, just got that Red Faction game from last year for about £3, got an old UFC game the other day for £2.

Best sale on there was GTA3 for the PS2, it'd just got platinum, but some dude bought it off me for about £43, thats about £23 more than a brand new copy from the shops and £3 more than I paid for it a year previously.

He sent me an email a few weeks later to tell me how much he was enjoying it, weird.
    •  WickedWesticleWickedWesticle
    • I've just sold my POD Pro for £10 less than I bought it for 6 years ago. I reckon I got my tenner's worth of use out of it.
    •  GarethGareth
    • I sold my microkorg for £330, £35 less than I paid for it, if you shopped around you can get one for that brand new.

On the flip-side, I sold a DAM Drag'n'fly, one of 2 in the world in the large red case and it went for 1/3 as much as other, more common models on there. Still got twice as much as I paid so I wasn't complaining.

I also picked up a sought after MIJ Boss Flanger pedal for a bargainous £45.
      Great site if you can pick up a bargain.
    •  JackJack
    • I bought 3 denim jackets off there, all for around £5 each, all virtually brand new and Levis. They cost about £70 new.

I just got a Biltwell motorcycle helmet for £50 which is really good as they cost more than £100 new. It's in root beer colour with metal flake paint
    •  pull-my-plonkerpull-my-plonker
    • I've sold concert tickets for twice the face value BEFORE the gig was sold out. Very weird.

I agree it's an iffy one, but you can pick up decent album promos and games if you stick at it.
    •  EggyEggy
    • today i've bought a cupboard door.

I've been good at buying cheap items that turn out to be shit, i've decided never to buy anything from china or thereabouts ever again, i managed to buy two shitty to good to be true mp3 players a few years ago, back when you could buy them for a fiver with postage of £30.

I got a very nice leather jacket early this year for half what the seller paid for it, even though it was brand new.

Not sold that much for big amounts though, one of my better sells was a greenday CD that i spelt wrong so got more bids. I have got absolutely shit loads of things i need to sell on there but i just can't be arsed to put them on yet.

Forums - General Chat - ebay- from the sublime to the ridiculous