Menu

Forums - General Chat

Old Orange Cabinet... price?

•  MarekMarek
    • I've had this Orange cab since I was 18, it was old then but perfct nick. Still got the case... I got a load of stuff robbed and have to buy some drums and stuff so thinking about selling it and buying ultra cheap cab to replace it... how much is an old Orange cab worth? Any idea?
    •  JackJack
    • £500-600 at a guess
    •  JackJack
    • as an idea of what you can get cheap, I found my cab on gumtree for £50 and its a 70's Sound City 4x12 with the original Dallas Arbiter speakers in it. Lots of steals kicking around
    •  WickedWesticleWickedWesticle
    • Jack says:
      £500-600 at a guess

Seems a lot to me.

I bought my Orange 4x12 for £300 - haggled him down from £350 and he was a mate so I'd guess you could get about £400 - £500.

Watch a few on eBay, see what they go for.
    •  JackJack
    • Depends a lot on its actual age, if its a 70's cab then $$$
    •  basstardbasstard
    • It's a cliche but it's only worth what someone's willing to pay for it...and timing is everything.
      Ebay is a funny place; some weeks you're quids in, other times you can't give stuff away.
      If you're clever with the wording of your listing (emphasise its original/ exclusive features and condition, especially the speakers if they're 70s ones) and put it on Ebay at the right time you've got a better chance of making a good price (I'd guess £350-400).
      I'd list it for a week to end on the first weekend of the month (when most folks have just got paid and have more disposable cash) on Sunday late afternoon/ early evening. That way you've got plenty of exposure time and full opportunity to take advantage of the weekend 'booze effect' on ebay. Until they invent PC breathalysers never underestimate the power of drink on ebay bidding (I plead guilty as charged your honour).
      Good luck but I 'd be wary of making do with shitty cabs. If it's light/ new it will be easier to lug about but will probably sound pretty wank when wound up.
    •  MarekMarek
    • Thanks guys, very helpful and I agree!

I wouldn't buy a crappy new cab, it would be something like my 200w 70s H&H cab that got nicked recently... that was £70
    •  WickedWesticleWickedWesticle
    • Yeah do what basstard said. List it so it ends late afternoon/early evening on Sunday. Check what's on telly and avoid it finishing when popular stuff is on.

It's risky but I've always found it works best to list stuff with no reserve and start the listing at 99p. You get very low fees and people bid just cos it's so cheap, sucks them in to bidding and they get emailed when they're out bid.
    •  slack mammothslack mammoth
    • I picked mine up for £250 on eBay.

Forums - General Chat - Old Orange Cabinet... price?