Menu

Forums - General Chat

PLANS FOR NEW YEARS EVE

•  mambamamba
    • mamba says:
      I'm going round a mate's house then probably going to a newish bar/club in town. My mate's theory is that as none of us have been there before so it will be like not being in Newbury at all. I'm not convinced. I think the idiots will give it away!

Secrets was obviously too much of a secret for the people of Newbury as there were 4 people in there when we got there at 11. So we left.
    •  mikemike
    • Well my new year's eve was crap, but its mainly due to still being ill.
    •  Rob HimselfRob Himself
    • Chicken, Iron Maiden and beer. Got bored of Playstation karaoke pretty quick, don't think upstairs neighbour was a happy chappy. Went to Winchester with the missus on NYD, had a pasty.

Good times. And apparently that was Nick's last drink until April, which I give all of ten minutes.
    •  OllieOllie
    • Mexican food, a half bottle of Bells, some Jack Daniels, a few fireworks and some Jools Hollands thn at about 1.30am I put on Rock Sound TV and there was an old Black Flag gig from something like 1984 so watched a bit of that.

New Years Day was spent vegetating in front of the tv.
    •  EggyEggy
    • I really enjoyed NYE, went to my mates and found he's now got Guitar hero world tour. I first played drums on blind melon 'no rain' which doesn't involve that much playing really, then as boz was signing to it and i thought i couldn't do much worse i did vocals on that and impressed so did vocals for most of the other songs as no one really wanted to sing.

My best work was The Joker, REM 'the one i love', Tool 'parabola & schism - although no one liked playing tool, and Bon Jovi 'living on a prayer' which i nailed. I didn't fair too well with 'are you gonna go my way' or Oasis - think i was too good for that, hehe.

I did bass on a couple but didn't bother with guitar as last time i played guitar i was shit.

Also played a fair bit of mario kart but i kept finishing 12th :(

Forums - General Chat - PLANS FOR NEW YEARS EVE