Menu

Forums - Music Discussion and Promotion

Brand-new Rob Himself track gets remix treatment!

•  Rob HimselfRob Himself
    • Yup. My multi-talented drummer Adam has done a remix of my new song 'April Fools'. It's up here for your listening pleasure, as a 3-minute 'radio edit'. The full-version will appear along with the original on my forthcoming 'Armchair Historian' EP, which should be ready in time for my 5th-12th Oct tour!

It's weird having no control over your own song. I like what he's done with it - blatant Postal Service worship :D
    •  JenTheHenJenTheHen
    • I'll listen when I get back from London.
    •  Big SiBig Si
    • I like the remix a lot. There's a pop career for you there.
    •  mikemike
    • Yeah honestly Rob it turns your music into a really marketable thing, it has that hazy Postal Service thing to it with all that remix stuff as you say but coupled with a good song its ace.

I'd go as far as saying its my fave thing you've done.
    •  Rob HimselfRob Himself
    • Haha, cheers! Getting back to work on the rest of the EP in a week or two, it's quite pop-rock - 'April Fools' is the 'quiet one' of the lot. Glad people are liking it, I shall pass on the praise to Remixer Himself.
    •  MORRELLMORRELL
    • Nice one Rob! I fucking hate the postal service though! They sound like the pet shop boys- khonnor is much better at doing that kind of stuff in my opinion.
    •  JenTheHenJenTheHen
    • Wow Rob, this sounds amazing! Good one!

xx

Forums - Music Discussion and Promotion - Brand-new Rob Himself track gets remix treatment!