Menu

Forums - Music Discussion and Promotion

Upcoming Flatlands live ventures.

•  JenTheHenJenTheHen
    • Wez TDJ says:
      Rob Himself says:
      I highly reccommend The Frontline in Gent, Belgium if you fancy Europe. That's the extent of my advice.

Yeah, that's a cool place. Outside bogs not good though.

I've been there. I don't remember the toilets being outside...maybe the ladies weren't.
    •  Rob HimselfRob Himself
    • That trip will stay with me forever. I need to get our video footage on YouTube - black metal 'lord of logos' Christophe Spzadjel in devil horns singing 'Come on, Andy!' and a grindcore version of Strawberry Fields. Ahh, memories.
    •  Wez TDJWez TDJ
    • JenTheHen says:
      Wez TDJ says:
      Rob Himself says:
      I highly reccommend The Frontline in Gent, Belgium if you fancy Europe. That's the extent of my advice.

Yeah, that's a cool place. Outside bogs not good though.

I've been there. I don't remember the toilets being outside...maybe the ladies weren't.

I don't think the ladies were but the blokes pissing trough was by the door where the main room was.
    •  mikemike
    • Grapes tomorrow!
    •  mikemike
    • Up and coming gig, should be ace-

quote:
      Monday 6th October:
      The Yorkshire House,
      2 Parliament Street, Lancaster LA1 1DB
      £5 in, £4 for freshers (start coming to gigs, we're a very friendly bunch!)

FLATLANDS - ISIS / NEUROSIS -esque slow, heavy, crushing. "Come for the boredom. Stay for the monotony."
      THE FREEZING FOG - SABBATH / PURPLE -esque riffs, riffs, riffs, with a modern twist. New album coming soon!
      HAIL BRETHREN - END OF A YEAR / SMALL BROWN BIKE -esque awesome emo, in the sense of the word before NME made it fashionable. Debut album out now!
      HAMMERS - HIS HERO IS GONE / TRAGEDY -esque anglo-swiss d-beat. Totally raging, totally heavy, totally terrifying. Bring your old lego and make Sacha a happy man. For added credibility, he used to be in THE SECRET, and the bassist toured in FUNERAL DINER.
      THE DARK CON OF MAN - MOGWAI / SIGUR ROS -esque would be a lazy comparison, but I'm a lazy person. Astoundingly good new local band. Debut album somewhere in the pipeline I think.

•  mikemike
    • Gigs until the end of the year unless people can offer us any (probably best to wait until January/February all truth be told, albums out then!)

6th October- Yorkshire House, Lancaster.

10th October- The Buffalo Bar, Cardiff w/The Death Of Her Money and more.

27th October- The Red House, Sheffield w/Khuda and Higher Council of Mars.

29th October- Royal Park Cellars w/Khuda and Higher Council of Mars.

24th November- The Shakespeare, Sheffield w/Git Some (USA) and The Mirimar Disaster

We'll be looking to gig ALOT in 2009 so get in touch now if you want us to come and eat/drink too much in your town and be loud.
      [Edited by mike at 15:10 on 29/09/08]
    •  mikemike
    • Lancaster had good beer, good crowd, good bands.

Tomorrow is Cardiff with The Death Of Her Money and Circle of Stones at the Buffalo Bar, hope its good!
    •  odoomodoom
    • bugger if i'd know you were playing yorkshire house on the sixth (and i had some money) i would have been there like a shot! balls!

how'd the gig with pupilar go. he's joining our merry band ya know :D
    •  mikemike
    • It was ok, good atmosphere, just not many people there, story of our lives!
    •  odoomodoom
    • mike says:
      It was ok, good atmosphere, just not many people there, story of our lives!

sounds familiar ;)

you should trying to play blackpool to two paying customers. good job there was other bands to make up the audience. :lol:
    •  mikemike
    • We've had to pull out of Cardiff tonight, apologies to anyone who might have been considering coming.
      [Edited by mike at 11:11 on 10/10/08]
    •  mikemike
    • Bump, three more gigs this year! Catch us while you can!

27th October- The Red House w/Khuda and Higher Council of Mars.

29th October- Royal Park Cellars w/Khuda, Higher Council of Mars and Electric Mud Generator.

24th November- The Shakespeare, Sheffield w/Git Some (USA) and The Mirimar Disaster.
      [Edited by mike at 10:11 on 21/10/08]
    •  Rob HimselfRob Himself
    • Mirimar played in Aldershot on Saturday, would have gone if I'd known!

Forums - Music Discussion and Promotion - Upcoming Flatlands live ventures.