Menu

Forums - Music Discussion and Promotion

27/06 - You Slut!, Itch, i Conucr, Lizardmen - Leeds

•  Brew RecordsBrew Records
    • Brew Records Presents:

http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee301/BREWRECORDS/FRIDAY27THJUNEYOUSLUTA3.jpg

[b]Friday 27th June

Upstairs at the Library, leeds. Doors 8pm, £5[/b]

YOU SLUT!

http://a771.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/7/l_413471ff638988bf0dbe79fb2538cdc2.jpg

[b]Heres some reviews from 'Critical Meat' and a hot video, make you own mind up. It is good though...

[i]Critical Meat Snippets, full reviews in the blog:
      Buy it below.

4/5 Kerrang!
      "Those with a taste for the unpredictable will undoubtably succumb to Critical Meat's genre-teasing charms...You Slut! leave conventional music with its pants around its ankles, shivering and cold in a dark alley."

8/10 Rock Sound Magazine
      "This ain't no standard post-rock by numbers nonsense...Critical Meat has something for everyone."

4/5 Big Cheese
      "Eschewing post-rock and instrumental trends to replicate Mogwai...They've got the angularity of At the Drive-in and the playfulness of Dartz!"

Sandman Magazine
      "Pure Genius!...Quite simply if you have any sort of affinity with guitars and the unknown then this album is a must have."

5/5 Rockfood Magazine
      "A Masterpiece of obscenely spiky riffery...Its the juxtaposition of the confusion of odd time signatured riffs and forceful, flowing or driving sequences that simultaneously make this impossibly danceable, yet impossible to dance to...a life-changing collection of songs."

Organ Magazine
      "If you want to talk purist math-rock, this is as good an example as anything...agile heaviness, with a deft, easy touch."[/i]

MYBLOODYJESUSEXPLORERONFIRE
      Released Feb 25th '08
      Dir. Matt Spalding

Click here, it's very good

nuff said.[/b]

ITCH

http://b5.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/00709/52/89/709979825_l.jpg

[b]I'm loving these guy's at the moment, played for us back on February with Vessels - DEAD GOOD. Here's a bio:

We started out in the garage of a friend playing to sick horses. (True story) Music to us back then equalled nothing more than escapism and i guess to this day still does. We never set out to push musical boundaries and shake a generation to its knees. As people around us stood still we began to gather momentum. It didn't come over night or strike us down with feathers it just evolved. That was until we came to a point of clarity, and of course we had picked up our influences along the way which we proudly wear on our sleeves, but we decided as a group we would produce music that didn’t follow the rules of our classic predecessors and create something you didn’t just listen too. Our songs would flow to an unnatural rhythm that would somehow in time become a pattern that was learnt to be loved. We just didn’t want you to have the cake and eat it we wanted you to think differently about music and be excited and inspired to pass that on to others who showed willing. The mainstream holds only watered down versions of the legends that swim these oceans. Please just look a little deeper. Itch x[/b]

I CONCUR:

http://a137.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/123/l_c40207fa84df116dcc4e1b3addeb99c8.jpg

Everyone's favourite super humans return to the library after a sexy maida vale live session and a hot 7" release. BELIEVE.

THE LIZARDMEN:

http://a684.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/95/l_d0a171a78afc1669664aacda40e7ce83.jpg

As with all plains of surreal notions the time came for it to be expressed- it came in the form of Lizardmen. Three different varities of nature come together to explore what interests them most, influence coming from books, film and sound. Welcome to the Lizardmen. A Sci-Fi-Rumble come exploration into the recesses of whats possible. Heres the legend, as told by a dear friend... "The name, to extend this process of filling, derives from a theory concocted by a crackpot colleague at the call centre of death, in York. He was, and remains, convinced that such a species toured the Earth pre-humankind. He has since gone to Mexico and wedded a Central American filly, but his memory lives on. Love x" Louis Baamberrr.

www.myspace.com/brewrecords
    •  NathanNathan
    • I think that I've said this on other forums before but it bears repeating. You Slut are absolutely amazing. I put them on in York a long time ago now and was drooling for most of the set. They do some silly tech stuff when playing live and it's fucking great music!
    •  Tom PTom P
    • I'm quite enjoying the tracks on their myspace
    •  Brew RecordsBrew Records
    • it's this week.

please come and enjoy

big party afterwards too in hyde park
    •  JenTheHenJenTheHen
    • I think the band name 'You Slut' is horrible.

Thanks.
    •  HogTeamHogTeam
    • i dont care much for the name

Forums - Music Discussion and Promotion - 27/06 - You Slut!, Itch, i Conucr, Lizardmen - Leeds