Menu

Forums - Music Discussion and Promotion

Ted Maul w/ Hand of Grief / Tangaroa / Opinicus @ Sheffield Casbah 28th June

•  HogTeamHogTeam
    • you heard it you sexy pricks. Ted Maul are tearing up sheffield in june with HOG, Tangaroa and Opinicus(in that order).

Its a brutal line up and if you havnt seen 1 or any of these bands yet then get your selves down. all these bands have great sets especially Ted Maul.

£5 for these awesome bands
      http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q229/agermoses/flyer.jpg
      Ager
    •  PetePete
    • Same day as...

Invasion at Redhouse
      Tim and Rob at Jen's House

3 gigs featuring bands from on here in Sheff on the same day. :(
    •  JenTheHenJenTheHen
    • Fucking. Stupid.

My birthday's ruined already.
    •  grinderno1grinderno1
    • perhaps a 9Hz calendar kinda thing (i remember podge mentioning Bumsnogger had something similar) on the website might be a good idea so bands looking to get involved can see how likely they are to clash with other stuff...?

far from fool proof and obviously sometimes this'll just happen but better 'scene' organisation (as it were) would benefit everyone in the long run would it not...?
    •  MORRELLMORRELL
    • bad admiral says:

tangaroa = amazing

Ted Maul = Shit
    •  CareyCarey
    • yeah, but lola and the cartwheels wouldn't have looked at a calendar. and the slackers obviously could care less about jen's birthday. this is all very odd.
    •  PetePete
    • grinderno1 says:

perhaps a 9Hz calendar kinda thing (i remember podge mentioning Bumsnogger had something similar) on the website might be a good idea so bands looking to get involved can see how likely they are to clash with other stuff...?

far from fool proof and obviously sometimes this'll just happen but better 'scene' organisation (as it were) would benefit everyone in the long run would it not...?

www.ninehertz.co.uk/dates.php?all
    •  grinderno1grinderno1
    • bugger i even looked about a bit coz i remembered there being something like that.

perhaps have it as a sub forum or something so it's right in peoples grubby little faces. the live listings are a bit tucked away on the main home page in it's current layout.

i'm sure Ben is sorting this all for 9Hz 2.0 anyway...
    •  mikemike
    • bad admiral says:

tangaroa = amazing

Not to these ears, I've ranted about them before, but to me its just a noise with stop-start crap going off all over the place in no relation to other parts, never understood their latterday stuff, the second EP with Paul Priest was the best they ever did with the flaming ball on the cover and ambient tracks on it, then someone piped up and said "we should totally try and out-meshuggah meshuggah!" and they went crap overnight.

Also, they chucked out their bass player recently, but only after having him record and partly play on the new album, which in my eyes makes them shits. I won't be going.
    •  Tom PTom P
    • Harsh. I'm pretty much stuck in the middle cause HOG are my friends but I really wanna see Invasion. Really not bothered about Ted Maul though. Bugger.
    •  PodgePodge
    • grinderno1 says:
      bugger i even looked about a bit coz i remembered there being something like that.

perhaps have it as a sub forum or something so it's right in peoples grubby little faces. the live listings are a bit tucked away on the main home page in it's current layout.

i'm sure Ben is sorting this all for 9Hz 2.0 anyway...

its all being tweaked but 3 of the 4 gigs are organised by non 9hz people so no one is going to notice the clash.
    •  HogTeamHogTeam
    • i wasnt aware of so many bloody events lol still would have prob done it on same day neway cos we have to fit in with ted mauls tour.
      its not really fitted for the ninehertz forum anyway but there are alot of people on here that might be interested eh lol never mind. more choice for all you folks to find a heavy gig on that night. but mark my words i wil be coming to all your houses and printing flyers for this gig in the bottom of all your glases and breakfast bowls. not a day wil pass when you arent reminded of this gig ha ha.

plus opinicus are mint and im a fan of tangaroa, they do what they do pretty dam wel tbh. then the third band on is supposed to be awesome.....cant quite remember their name tho.....hmmm maybe berserkowitz....nope....erm hand of grief... yeah their amazing ha ha.

i jest

ager

boosh
    •  bad admiralbad admiral
    • mike says:

bad admiral says:

tangaroa = amazing

Not to these ears, I've ranted about them before, but to me its just a noise with stop-start crap going off all over the place in no relation to other parts, never understood their latterday stuff, the second EP with Paul Priest was the best they ever did with the flaming ball on the cover and ambient tracks on it, then someone piped up and said "we should totally try and out-meshuggah meshuggah!" and they went crap overnight.

Also, they chucked out their bass player recently, but only after having him record and partly play on the new album, which in my eyes makes them shits. I won't be going.

i have "day" and it's ace. i've heard bits of the new album and i'm well into it. i guess that sort of thing is a bit marmite, in that you love it or think it's a heap of techy wank. didn't know about the bassist thing. that is a bit out of line. bands are strange things.:rolleyes:
    •  CareyCarey
    • Tom P says:

Harsh. I'm pretty much stuck in the middle cause HOG are my friends but I really wanna see Invasion. Really not bothered about Ted Maul though. Bugger.

you can see both if invasion headline.
    •  MatthewRedStarsMatthewRedStars
    • mike says:

Well i heard an extremely different story about the bass player.

Moral of the story: let's not condem bands due to gossip about things we (including me) know nothing about.
    •  slomoslomo
    • Lets cover bands in condoms and syrup?

That doesnt make a bit of sense Matt. You tool.

This gig = more people getting off their arse and making a good gig happen. I encourage all to go. Everyone loves Down and Phil Anselmo is a right prick waving bull cunt. Who cares anymore..........
    •  mikemike
    • MatthewRedStars says:

mike says:

Well i heard an extremely different story about the bass player.

Moral of the story: let's not condem bands due to gossip about things we (including me) know nothing about.

Yeah to be fair I just heard it off people who are mates with him, he joined Asuras before they split thats all.
    •  HogTeamHogTeam
    • apparently the new tangaroa stuff is heads and tails better than anything they have recorded. its only live at the min(or so i hear) i really am looking forward to seeing and playing with all the bands and this line up.

ager
    •  HogTeamHogTeam
    • http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q229/agermoses/flyer.jpg
      you heard it you sexy pricks. Ted Maul are tearing up sheffield in june with HOG, Tangaroa and Opinicus(in that order).

Its a brutal line up and if you havnt seen 1 or any of these bands yet then get your selves down. all these bands have great sets especially Ted Maul.

Flyer and more shizzle to come(just getting the word out early)
      gig cost TBC

Ager

Forums - Music Discussion and Promotion - Ted Maul w/ Hand of Grief / Tangaroa / Opinicus @ Sheffield Casbah 28th June