Menu

Forums - General Chat

amp geeks opinions needed

•  bad admiralbad admiral
    • hola!

my awesome head unit is dead beyond repair which is rubbish

but

i have been offered a 30watt vox valvetronix for £80 by a very kind man which is a fucking ace deal. i already own a 30watt marshall solid state. this is what i propose doing with it:

guitar --> tuner --> big muff --> splitter --> channel A + channel B

channel A - marshall on a slightly crunchy clean
      channel B - vox on same but has built in effects so whatever works.

is this just total shit?
    •  Tom PTom P
    • Running amps together rules, do it man. Only thing I would do though, have the big muff after the splitter so one side runs a bit cleaner.
    • yeah? that sounds pretty cool actually...give my dirt a bit of shine!
    •  GarethGareth
    • Tom P says:

Running amps together rules, do it man. Only thing I would do though, have the big muff after the splitter so one side runs a bit cleaner.

Try both, whatever suits you.
      Sounds good to me.
    •  Tom PTom P
    • Gareth says:

Try both, whatever suits you.

Amen. Try allsorts, the best tone is whatever sounds good to you, really. There is no right or wrong when it comes to amp configurations.
    • nice one! thanks dudes...need to find a way of getting this round on the tube now! i need one of those little red handcart things that all american children have.
    •  PodgePodge
    • bad admiral says:
      nice one! thanks dudes...need to find a way of getting this round on the tube now! i need one of those little red handcart things that all American children have.

everyone laughs at me but i have a granny trolley, its not got the tartan bag on it though. check a camping or fishing shop, they have loads of stuff like that for dragging equipment round. the proper name is a sack barrow I'm told.

makes it so much easier to get stuff round.
    • i'm down with that. i don't own a car and renting one everytime i want to use my stuff would be insane. granny trolley plus bungees seems like a decent compromise.

either that or strap them onto the longboard for that authentic dogtown vibe.
    •  PodgePodge
    • i think mine cost me a fiver, its good but i think maybe i'll go for the next one up when it needs replacing.
    • i may put flames up the side of mine and dangle mirrors from it.

Forums - General Chat - amp geeks opinions needed