Menu

Forums - General Chat

Alright Darlings Hows Life?

•  SheldonSheldon
    • I hope your all still naked and metal!

•  mikemike
    • Hey Sheldon, how are you?
    •  SheldonSheldon
    • Hey Mike,

I'm OK thanks ow are you?

Since my last post a couple of years back I now have a BSc in Musical Instruments and an MA in Music Technology.

Ony Until... have no really been together now for over a year, although we did play some random shite on Monday for our drummers wedding.

Our bassist has been in another band for a while now anyway and they are getting pretty big now. They are called Bast and are well worth checking out a great mix of Doom/Death/Black Metal type stuff.

Other than that I jsut don't know what to do with my life anymore, currently looking for jobs and weighing up all my options.

I'd quite like to get into playing again though, I might post something about starting a London Post Metal/Doom/ Stoner band at some stage.
    •  mikemike
    • Would be interested in whatever bands you are going to start. Loved Only Until! Still put the album on now and again.

That's ace about the degree, can you get a job in that field? Sounds promising.

I'm good, new band is www.theslowblade.bandcamp.com if you want to take a listen. Pretty removed from Flatlands, even though it's three members of that band.
    •  PetePete
    • Hi Sheldon. Welcome back.

Bast were the first band to record at Chris Fielding/Conan's new Skyhammer studio, I believe, which is pretty exciting.
    •  SheldonSheldon
    • mike says:
      Would be interested in whatever bands you are going to start. Loved Only Until! Still put the album on now and again.

I'm good, new band is www.theslowblade.bandcamp.com if you want to take a listen. Pretty removed from Flatlands, even though it's three members of that band.

I shall let you know if I get anything off the ground my son. Funny as I was just looking at the Flatlands / Sunshine Republic split LP the other day :-).

I want to try and get a job in a museum really or an auction house. I wouldn't mind making instruments but there arn't many jobs out there unless you go self employed. I hate applying for jobs so I am a little bit worried, it really stresses me out and makes me a bit angry but I have to give it a go. If worst comes to the worst I might join the Navy or something.

Had a listen to a couple of tracks from your new band last night, good stuffs when I get paid next week I shall buy a copy of your cd for sure :-)
    •  SheldonSheldon
    • Pete says:
      Hi Sheldon. Welcome back.

Bast were the first band to record at Chris Fielding/Conan's new Skyhammer studio, I believe, which is pretty exciting.

Hi Pete,

Yeah thats right they were, Gavin the bassist played the album to us at about 2am on Sunday just gone and it was awesome I have to say. Looking forward to the vinyl release if it.
    •  mikemike
    • Sheldon says:
      mike says:
      Would be interested in whatever bands you are going to start. Loved Only Until! Still put the album on now and again.

I shall let you know if I get anything off the ground my son. Funny as I was just looking at the Flatlands / Sunshine Republic split LP the other day :-).

I want to try and get a job in a museum really or an auction house. I wouldn't mind making instruments but there arn't many jobs out there unless you go self employed. I hate applying for jobs so I am a little bit worried, it really stresses me out and makes me a bit angry but I have to give it a go. If worst comes to the worst I might join the Navy or something.

Had a listen to a couple of tracks from your new band last night, good stuffs when I get paid next week I shall buy a copy of your cd for sure :-)

Ah cheers boss! Do you still have a million guitars?
    •  GarethGareth
    • Hi Sheldon!
    •  SheldonSheldon
    • mike says:
      Sheldon says:
      mike says:

Ah cheers boss! Do you still have a million guitars?

Ha Ha I was going to say no and then I counted them................

Currently

6 Electric Guitars
      12 Acoustic Guitars
      1 Lute
      1 Harp Lute

A few of them I have made myself though.
    •  SheldonSheldon
    • Gareth says:
      Hi Sheldon!

Hey Gareth,

How are you doing?
    •  SheldonSheldon
    • got 5 Valve amp heads as well.......
    •  GarethGareth
    • Sheldon says:
      Gareth says:
      Hi Sheldon!

Hey Gareth,

How are you doing?

Good ta, though waaay behind on the guitar stakes with a mere 3 electric, 2 basses and 1 acoustic.

Forums - General Chat - Alright Darlings Hows Life?