Menu
    •  PetePete
    • I've heard the name Cancer Bats for a while now but I've never heard them. I'm not even sure what type of music they are - I think I mistook them for edgy indie originally, but I get a strong feeling I'm wrong, and have seen a couple of respected opinions praising them.

Is anyone into them? What/who do they sound like? What would be a good starting point to check them out?
    •  mikemike
    • Not keen myself, bit wanabe contraversial for me.
    •  basstardbasstard
    • A friend of mine launched into a tirade at the mention of their name a while ago, basically summarised as ' wannabe hardcore poseur hipsters'.
      Not really heard much myself but I was put off by his remarks.
    •  PodgePodge
    • Their cover of sabotage could have been better. I had a feeling they were a trendier raging speedhorn
    •  alanalan
    • What I've heard is decent, but I've never been bothered enough to give them a proper go. Maybe it is because they're a 'trendy' hardcore type band, they seem a cut above the rest of that bunch though.
    •  HopkinsHopkins
    • trendy & hipster. 2 words used to deride the sword

same with trash talk

just cus it's popular on the other side of the fence doesn't make them $ell-out$
    •  alanalan
    • Agreed, and I should probably give those bands more of a listen too, but mostly the kids are wrong. :P
    •  bosskeloidbosskeloid
    • Cancer Bats are great and the Riffs are aplenty!

May i suggest 'Lucifer's Rocking Chair' as a song to start you off.....
    •  mikemike
    • The name is still unforgivable.
    •  JackJack
    • I like them
    •  mambamamba
    • If they're at a festival I'll check them out (which i have more than once) but I can't get too excited.
    •  JohnJohn
    • All I know is they played 7 shows in one day in London a few months back, which is pretty cool!
    •  OllieOllie
    • I've not heard much but what I have heard sounded ok...obviously not enough to warrant me checking them out more though.

Forums - Music Discussion and Promotion - Cancer Bats query