Menu

Forums - Music Discussion and Promotion

Brew // ENVY // 25th October - Leeds

•  Brew RecordsBrew Records
    • Brew presents:

Tuesday 25th October - Brudenell Social Club - Leeds

ENVY

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_A6VWmtdbzv8/TAy6rndKK4I/AAAAAAAAAhM/nUzGbAVl2fY/s1600/envylive.jpg

Since 1992, Envy has become a dominant band in the independent hardcore scene in Japan. Their music, through their own evolution, encompasses a sound where intensity and beauty coexists. They have recorded a number of singles and albums in Japan, including split albums with bands like This Machine Kills, Endeavor, Six Pence and Yaphet Kotto. Since their beginning, Envy has toured all throughout Japan with Mogwai, Isis and many more. They have labored and toured their songs relentlessly for over a decade, and will continue to do so well into the next decade.

Envy have recorded a number of singles and albums in Japan as well released split albums with bands like This Machine Kills, Endeavor, Six Pence and Yaphet Kotto. Since their beginning, Envy has toured all throughout their native Japan, including playing with Mogwai and ISIS on their most recent Japan tour. In 1997 and twice in 2000, they toured in Asia playing to an audience in Hong Kong, China, Taiwan and Korea. In 1998 and 2004, envy toured Europe and in 2004 the UK as well as played at the All Tomorrow’s Parties Festival in March.

With the help of Rock Action Records and Mogwai, Envy has been received well in countries all over the world. In 2005 Envy played at the Fury Fest in July in France and toured in North America in January.

Envy are one of the leading independent Japanese bands and widely considered to be one of the best live bands around.

www.facebook.com/Envyband

Plus support from:

FALSE FLAGS

Somewhere between the noise rock of Unsane, and the discordant hardcore of Botch and Breather Resist. Made up from ex members of Red Stars Parade, Whoresx3, and Year of the Man.

www.facebook.com/pages/False-Flags/182573191788802?ref=ts

Doors 7.30pm
      Tickets £10 adv // MOTD
      Tickets available from:

Crash and Jumbo Records
      Seetickets - www.seetickets.com/Event/ENVY/Brudenell-Social-Club/579089
      Wegottickets - www.wegottickets.com/event/129568
      Direct from Brew - brewrecords.bigcartel.com/product/ticket-envy-brudenell-socia...

Facebook event - www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=257429324269998
      Last FM event - www.last.fm/event/2017355+Envy

www.brewrecords.net

Upcoming Brew shows:

3rd October: RUINS ALONE + NOPE - Brudenell Social - Leeds
      [Edited by Brew Records at 13:46 on 29/08/11]
    •  mikemike
    • This has improved my day, thankyou.
    •  GarethGareth
    • Yeah, I am considering this too.
    • tickets on sale in crash and jumbo too!
    •  bazzathespazbazzathespaz
    • I feel a road trip coming on
    • Tonight!

Plenty of tickets on the door!
    •  pull-my-plonkerpull-my-plonker
    • How was it? Envy were fantastic at Supersonic!!

Forums - Music Discussion and Promotion - Brew // ENVY // 25th October - Leeds