Menu

Forums - General Chat

Website Bugs

•  rlucas666rlucas666
    • I can't use accented characters in my profile as they seem to be being encoded before being displayed.

Not being able to use umlauts is a massive problem!
    •  the chapthe chap
    • mr lucas! welcome!
    •  Catacomb RecordsCatacomb Records
    • I have submitted news a few times in the past 2 months and it doesn't appear - Pete said he doesn't receive it??
    •  WickedWesticleWickedWesticle
    • This is a request not a bug but it would be cool if I could see the post I was replying to as I'm replying. It would help when replying to gurt big messages.
    •  bazzathespazbazzathespaz
    • Not exactly a bug, more of a suggestion but this seemed the best place to post this.

I've noticed on some other forums, reviewers have started including an embedded sample track using Soundcloud or something similar that allows you to get a feel for the record you are reading about with one click and while you are reading it, which I think is really useful.

Obviously the artist would have to give consent for tracks not available on the web to be published. As I mentioned Soundcloud seems like a good platform for this. If the band doesn't have a particular track available to be linked, maybe set up a 9Hz Soundcloud page and upload tracks to that. I believe groups of tracks can be played as a playlist from a webpage, so new visitors could listen to that to get a general feel of the sort of stuff we talk about.

Just wondering if that's a realistic development and whether other people would find that useful??
    •  basstardbasstard
    • 3 spammish golf flavoured threads have appeared on the forum.
    •  BenBen
    • Hmm, that's not good. I've deleted them and disabled the account that posted them.
    •  mambamamba
    • Not that I'm bothered but the post counter seems to have got stuck. I've been stuck on 6999 for ages.
    •  BenBen
    • That should be fixed now, was a typo in one of the scripts :s
    •  mambamamba
    • YESSSS.... 7000! ;)
    •  Tim HolehouseTim Holehouse
    • I just got a couple weird pm's. Just to let you chaps know. And I mean not the usual weird spam things.
    •  mikemike
    • Not spam? PM me about this one chap.
    •  PetePete
    • Please bear with us with all the spam the general forum has been receiving of late...
    •  JackJack
    • Getting mega spammed today
    •  mikemike
    • Is it just on the forum Jack? If its PMs let us know.

Forums - General Chat - Website Bugs