Menu

Forums - Music Discussion and Promotion

17/4/11 Acid King w/Carlton Melton (Only UK show)

•  DanLargeDanLarge
    • Acid King w/Sons Of Alpha Centauri/Carlton Melton/The Path Is Clear + Alunah at the Purple Turtle, London. Only UK show.
      £10 adv £12 Door
      [Edited by DanLarge at 11:36 on 20/12/10]
    •  JackJack
    • Top work Dan
    •  DonnyDonny
    • Sweet, I'll be back from honeymoon by then too!!
    •  basstardbasstard
    • I'm sure this will be ace but I do get pissed off with bands who only do one UK show..... see also Sons of Otis.
    •  JackJack
    • hmm i can see why a lot of the time though, its tough for them to match the way they get treated in europe compared to here
    •  Tino InsanaTino Insana
    • Jack says:
      hmm i can see why a lot of the time though, its tough for them to match the way they get treated in europe compared to here

That needs to change, I'm guessing the difference is there are more people willing to pay to see these kinds of bands in Europe, which then leads to better conditions and more tour dollars for the bands. Thing is, there are a lot of bands that come over I would easily travel a couple of hours for on a week night, but London is a whole 'nother thing. Plus a lot of bands just tend to skip the UK altogether.

Is this a relatively recent thing at this level of touring, or has this been the case for a while? SOMEthing needs to happen...
    •  JackJack
    • Its down to money really, gets expensive to tour when not many people turn up to a gig and that's ultimately what pays the fuel, van hire etc. With a bit of planning though I think it's very possible, doing it again next year but half UK half Europe. A lot of it is just down to great promotion. Desertscene have done some really good tours so far
    •  Catacomb RecordsCatacomb Records
    • Awesome news - prepared to travel for this one!!
    •  pombagira666pombagira666
    • Bands from abroad consider the UK to be a money loser, work permits alone can send guarantees sky high, this is further compounded by the threat of low turn outs, not an uncommon occurence; catering and accomodation is usually lacking. During our two month stint of touring Europe, Kongh, Toner Low, and Switchblade mentioned their desire to play here, but these bands would probably struggle to make ends meat at the moment. Eagle Twin was a total wash out in the UK. In Europe there is a more intense interest in bands that are touring, when we went out in September on our own, we were relatively unknown and yet we were blown away by the response. We are proof that food, accomodation and money isn't about how popular you are, it is part of an instilled approach on how bands should be treated. The UK in contrast sucks...it's an unfortunate state of affairs.
    •  DanLargeDanLarge
    • Alunah have been added to the line up plus 1 more tbc to make it 5 bands in total.
    •  DanLargeDanLarge
    • The Path Is Clear are the last band to be confirmed to the line up!

Forums - Music Discussion and Promotion - 17/4/11 Acid King w/Carlton Melton (Only UK show)