Menu

Forums - Music Discussion and Promotion

Supersonic Festival

•  bad admiralbad admiral
    • i do believe i'm making the trip for this...
    •  alanalan
    • Might have a look into day tickets when the schedule's sorted, would love to see Drumcorps and check out some of the craziness.
    •  J ParkerJ Parker
    • Yeah I wish I'd seen both of those, but I decided to have a child. Bah.
    •  Th@ GuyTh@ Guy
    • mike says:
      Haha, the thing about Supersonic is it always throws up loads of surprises, Master Musicians Of Bukkake being one, the guitarist from Grails, Trey Spruance and the drummer from The Accused playing what can only be described as Mexican/Amazonian doom dressed like beekeepers and a monster from a swamp was truly incredible.

Asva nearly made me pass out one year, god knows what they were doing.

I caught MMOB at Hectors House in Brighton at the beginning of the year and they were dope. Quite a bit heavier live than on disc. They also managed to set off the fire alarms before playing a note.

N.B. Kudos to them for the ridiculously long horn type thing also
    •  pull-my-plonkerpull-my-plonker
    • I only caught the last 30seconds of Bukkake - proper gutted, apparently they were the band of the weekend!

Thorr's Hammer were incredible too.

I have no idea who most of the acts are this time - a bit like last year when they announced them and I had a great time then!

Godflesh should be boner-enducing.
    •  pull-my-plonkerpull-my-plonker
    • Rght, THIS IS ON FRIDAY, SATURDAY, SUNDAY.

Final roll call? You coming Rich?

Would be good to meet some other 9hertzers - Jen, Basstard - fancy meeting up?
    •  mikemike
    • Me, Jen and someone who posted on here a while ago called John are going, think Matt from Red Stars is coming too, its going to be great, cold, but great. Can't wait to see Napalm Death again to be honest, been AAAAGES.

I'm into seeing whatever this year, it all sounds interesting!
    •  basstardbasstard
    • I'm only going to be able to do the Sunday (boo-hoo, no Godflesh for me). Would be cool to meet up with anyone. Care to suggest a time and place?
    •  OllieOllie
    • I've not heard of the majority of bands playing this
    •  JenTheHenJenTheHen
    • I'm getting excited now.

Let's meet up on Saturday. Where? When? Who knows?
    •  bad admiralbad admiral
    • can't make it unfortunately fella. have fun though, looks ace!

Forums - Music Discussion and Promotion - Supersonic Festival