Menu
    •  pull-my-plonkerpull-my-plonker
    • That album is STILL blowing my mind.

Surely we have enough forum/promotion power to get them over here? From speaking to them via the fine medium of myspazz, they are chomping at the Euro bit...

If you manage to promote it, there's a pint, or seven, in it for you from me.

:)
    •  mikemike
    • What do they sound like?
    •  pombagira666pombagira666
    • It would be awesome if Elder came here, Cough are another band that have plans to come here...
    • mike says:
      What do they sound like?

Like a heard of Minotaurs headbutting a Sunn stack.

But seriously, I can't get enough of their record. They're the new Sleep, but younger and a little more ferocious. The classic formula of monstrous riffs and huge floor-tom, but with psychedelic epic interludes and lyrics about Conan the Barbarian.

Myspace is:
      www.myspace.com/beholdtheelder

and I seriously recommend their self-titled debut album. They also have a split with Queen Elephantine, which is more on the extreme side of doom, that's OK too.
    •  bluesoulbluesoul
    • YES everyone should buy their CD now. You can get it with free shipping from all that is heavy dot com, takes a while to get over the pond but its worth it. Add a few pints to that list from me to whoever brings them over here, would be a great gig
    •  MazzMazz
    • They are the awesomes
    •  MarekMarek
    • Check them out again, they are really good. Does sound pretty much exactly like Sleep playing through Slo Burn's gear but done with a lot of taste. I'd love to put them on yeah!
    • pombagira666 says:
      It would be awesome if Elder came here, Cough are another band that have plans to come here...

Just listened to them a little - pretty badass!
    •  JackJack
    • Them and Black Pyramid
    •  OllieOllie
    • Jack says:
      Them and Black Pyramid

Black Pyramid are the ones...awesome band. Hate to say it but they make Elder look a little lame.
    • Ollie says:
      Jack says:
      Them and Black Pyramid

Black Pyramid are the ones...awesome band. Hate to say it but they make Elder look a little lame.

They're both cool in their own different ways IMO and do a dickload of gigs together in and around Boston, they'd both crush live.
    • New track up on the myspace - a ten-minute monster jam entitled "Gemini" - sounds like Blue Cheer bitchslapping 'Age of Winters'-era The Sword.

Also up is pro-shot vid of them jamming Riddle of Steel pt.1.

New album recorded and awaiting a distributor. Sexcellent!

ELDER MYSPANNER
    •  MazzMazz
    • You should put the record out...Plonk Records
    • Hmmm... how hard could it be to put a record out...

I could make it plonk on people's doormats and plonk it onto their ipods. I could make that HAPPEN...
    • 'Dead Roots Stirring' is out now on MeteorCity, I'm off to order mine...around about...NOW!
    •  MazzMazz
    • far out

Forums - Music Discussion and Promotion - Elder