Menu

Forums - Music Discussion and Promotion

My 2009 musical round up...

•  Tim HolehouseTim Holehouse
      Thanks to everybody who has supported me this year in any form its really appreciated as I couldn't do this with out your support.
      I've been to Europe again this year a lot and toured a hell of a lot including the fairly new thing of doing noise shows. We have nearly finished "Grit" the new album which i shall speak more about later. The second album for Tim Holehouse came out this year "From the dawn chorus..." has gone pretty well... I still have several of the vinyl additions left and a very limited number of the CD's so if you want a copy please get in touch.
      This year also saw my first album under the guise Timothy C Holehouse where I put out he sister album of "from the dawn chorus" called "...too the howls at midnight". Which came out on Dead Pilot records Which has now sold out so thank you to everybody who bought this or any of my records.
      I've also been putting out Tape cassette series slit releases where ever possible with some amazing noise, hardcore and leftfield acts. I've also seen the collaboration with Veee Deee from Japan released too.
      And while we're on merchandise I got T-shirts (well baseball shirts) Made too thanks to designer Dagmar Tolonen and Heavy Screen print's Patrick... And no they don't have my name on them.
      Also some people may have seen me as part of Damp match box which is an improvisational band with members of Lost robot, Subway sect, the Higgson and various other acts. And I will be doing some more with them next year.
      So yes been a busy year and it not quite over....

Last few shows of the year
      OK the last few shows I'm doing this year are thus if your about in London come down to these...

21st December@ Catch 22, Dalston road, London with Team Brick and Lion lies down.
      22nd December@ The Grosvenor as part of Jahilya.

I' also out to Australia over Christmas and maybe playing a few shows out there.

Shows next year
      I'm booking for next year now so let me know if you want me to play your town or city whatever... I have a European tour with Del Flume with a backing group featuring musicians I used for the "Grit" In a
      April. I will also be doing a short US tour in May with and eye to doing a longer one later on.
      I'm also going to be hitting the road full time again in September so I will be looking to get as many places as I can starting out in Main land Europe and then from there I will work it all out. But yes I plan to be on the road for a long time if possible after September Touring my records and meeting nice new people and seeing some familiar faces. So people who book shows get in touch through the usual channels.

New releases
      Ok first of all I have a new download only single out on Fat ghost records and here is what the have to say about the release;
      We're excited to confirm that our next single will be a double A-side: "Harmony & True" / "Monster" from Timothy C Holehouse (FTS008)...
      This exclusive digital split single is the first preview of the new album "In search of the binary star" due for full physical release on Dead Pilot records in early 2010.
      Recorded in Leeds by Robert Hobson of Silent City studios; these vocal performances develop ideas from Holehouse's debut album " to the howls at midnight" using loops & sound effects in song based structures. These are the first recordings to feature Rick of Electric Mud Generator on drums (since then EMG have backed Timothy C Holehouse up on various tours & shows).
      "Monster" written in New York while on tour with "USA is a Monster" (& dedicated to them) captures the childhood fears of monsters in the closet & the later acceptance that those fears aren't real...or are they?
      "Harmony & True" encapsulates the contradiction of being wrapped up warm inside whilst the cold crisp winter is evident from your window. It s a song about contentment. The triggered samples & beats at the end of the track were conjured up through the wizardry of Mr. Robert Hobson.

www.fatghost.com/Singles.html

All Fat Ghost singles are available on iTunes, Amazon, emusic, Napster and all good download stores.

So as mentioned on this New record next year from Timothy C Holehouse is called "In search of the binary star" along with this release there will be an EP called "Into the black Void" This is a rework of material from 2003 which Robert Hobson of Silent City has re mastered and mixed.
      Also from Timothy C Holehouse there will hopefully be a split picture Disc with a very special band indeed as well as the collaboration record with Attack Vipers which we started this year but will complete in 2010. There will also be more from the tape series.
      I am also going into Silent City again with Rob to record the 3rd Timothy C Holehouse album. Which more details will be uncovered in due course.

For the more song writing project I have nearly finished the new Tim Holehouse called "Grit" with the band featuring Michael Howe on Drums (ex Wives of seth and soon the drakness), Graham Young on Bass (ex Snowblood and current A laying on of Hands) and Chris on Clarinet and Keyboards (dharma bums and Tea wig). The Album also features a Cameo from James from Head of Programmes.
      There is also a two track possibly a 10" that will come with this will feature a new version of "Vessels that sail in the night" and new track "transient tales of lost soul" which features Amyon Boron drum (A laying on of hands) and Chris on sitar (Same Actor and Hot Roddy).
      I will then be recording 4-5 new songs next year with Brian Inglis arranging the strings and various orchestral pieces as he did on "From the dawn chrous..."

So now all that is left for me say have a nice yule time and see you in 2010 if not before!

Kind regards

Tim/ Timothy C Holehouse

--
      websiste

www.timholehouse.com

www.myspace.com/timholehouse (folk)
      www.myspace.com/timothycholehouse (drone/noise/sound collage)

Bookings e-mail thehostsepia@hotmail.com
    •  noonenoone
    • so are you like a musician or something then?
    •  pull-my-plonkerpull-my-plonker
    • ultimatekev says:
      so are you like a musician or something then?

Apparently. I think I saw him near a guitar one time.

Good Luck Tim!!
    •  JackJack
    • ultimatekev says:
      so are you like a musician or something then?

:D
    • Yes it would appear so... funny me posting on a musical forum on the music discussion part... odd that.

I will be a full time musician again next year too hopefully if things come off like I hope.

Just thought people like to know what I've been up to while I've not been posting pictures of dogs on here like...

Just for you though Kev and Jack...

http://media.photobucket.com/image/rock%20%20dog/catyz/Rock_Dog.jpg
      [Edited by Tim Holehouse at 07:51 on 21/12/09]
    •  JackJack
    • wow biker dawg!:cool:
    • I spent friday evening after the work do looking up dogs on skate boards on you tube... Dog's are amazing... our knows how to hi five now!
    •  bad admiralbad admiral
    • dogs on skateboards are awesome. it's a bulldog call tilman and he loves it. he surfs too i think.
    • I got drunk again.. Tilman rulz! That dog is ace... I love the way he drags his board back and then leaps on it. Got moves man!

On the musical threadness... I have a few copies left of the special Winter solstice track i did for last night if you want one. PM me... but doing it donation so as long as post is covered I'm happy to send one.
    • I'm on a hiatus for a bit... but if anything amazing comes up that may change. But yeah thanks to those who supported me helped me with shows etc in 2009. To those who hate me and my music... you cloth eared fools and should be put to the question... ha ha! Thanks to the members of this board who have been my rock in 2009! Its greatly appreciated... seriously!

Tim/Timothy C Holehouse

Forums - Music Discussion and Promotion - My 2009 musical round up...