Menu

Forums - General Chat

I got a PS3

•  GarethGareth
    • So, I got my first current gen console since the Mega Drive the other week, a PS3. I'm currently ploughing my way through the Metal Gear series but I'm open to suggestions as to what to play next having little knowledge of console games unless they were also on PC in recent years.

I'm digging the blu-ray too, a friend lent me the David Fincher version of "Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" which was a great film and looked amazing.

My handle is is the unimaginative 'GarethFlatlands' if anyone's on there, although I don't play any multiplayer games yet.
    •  mikemike
    • Talk of the PS4 and Xbox 720 have surfaced this weekend, so you're in on the coat-tails with current gen console stuff.

I loved these:

Killzone 2 and 3 (actually scary)
      Resistance: Fall of Man
      Metal Gear Solid 4 (obvs)
      GTA 4 and all the extras
      Dead Space/DS2
      Heavy Rain (not as clever as everyone makes out but still fun)
      Batman Arkham Asylum/Arkham City
      Deus Ex
      Mass Effect 2 and 3
      Dargonage Origins/Dragonage 2

New ones you might dig include XCOM - Enemy Unknown, Journey, will post if I think of any more.

GTA 5 is on its way obvs, I imagine it's more fun on a console.
    •  GarethGareth
    • mike says:
      Talk of the PS4 and Xbox 720 have surfaced this weekend, so you're in on the coat-tails with current gen console stuff.

I loved these:

Killzone 2 and 3 (actually scary) - got 2 to play
      Resistance: Fall of Man - Might get 3
      Metal Gear Solid 4 (obvs) - In the 'to play pile'
      GTA 4 and all the extras - Not a fan of the series
      Dead Space/DS2 - got both for PC, too scared to play them
      Heavy Rain (not as clever as everyone makes out but still fun) - mebbe
      Batman Arkham Asylum/Arkham City - completed both on PC
      Deus Ex - completed on PC
      Mass Effect 2 and 3 - completed on PC
      Dargonage Origins/Dragonage 2 - got 1 and the addon pack but far too time consuming to play properly

New ones you might dig include XCOM - Enemy Unknown, Journey, will post if I think of any more.

Yeah, I got mine cheap because of the new ones on the horizon. As well as the stuff above, I got Bayonetta and Final Fantasy Xiii-2 and may well order Ico/Shadow of the Colossus too. Antisocial single player games ftw.
    •  mikemike
    • That's all I play!
    •  BenBen
    • Loving Far Cry 3. Loads of open world fun. It is available on PC too though.
    •  GarethGareth
    • Ben says:
      Loving Far Cry 3. Loads of open world fun. It is available on PC too though.

Yeah, I got stuck on the mission where you lose all your guns and have to use the slightly broken stealth system. Not played it for a couple of weeks.
    •  BenBen
    • That was a bit annoying. I admit I did watch a youtube playthrough of that section to get past, I totally missed the way you're supposed to go. It's actually pretty easy if you don't miss it.

Forums - General Chat - I got a PS3