Menu

Forums - General Chat

Weekend!

•  GarethGareth
    • Not had a weekend thread in a while so what are peeps up to? I've had a long weekend due to a gig Thursday. Yesterday was spent watching the new Batman and eating bacon sandwiches while mildly hungover. Today I'm off to see a friends band at Tramlines at 1 and then Future of the Left at 8:45, and tomorrow will be spent relaxing and trying to finish the 2nd Game of Thrones book, playing Spec Ops: The Line and writing some riffs.
    •  mambamamba
    • Last night had a few beers after work followed by pizza express with the wife. Asleep on the sofa by 10. Today and tomorrow, studying for an exam on Monday whilst watching the cricket - interspersed with the occasional nap.
    •  CareyCarey
    • Unthinkably, was out Tuesday, Thursday and last night, so am spending the day in pyjamas reading and looking for something to watch on TV.

Thinking of going to Tramlines tomorrow evening but not sure what's on.
    •  MazzMazz
    • Just got back from my hols..I am chilled. Spent most of my time naked or wearing short shorts.

I have just cleaned my tent that I took to Download. It's the only 'nice' weekend since download thus poor tent has been rotting in it's bag since then.

I'm now listening to the finished masters for the 2nd Groan album. It's a solid 5/10 album.

•  mikemike
    • I pretty much died on friday after the gig on thursday. Did the relay for life with work yesterday afternoon which was fun, walked something like 9 miles round a field. Went out in lincoln last night and got wasted which was nice.

Was contemplating tramlines today but can't face the drive, going to peckforton tomorrow for work, staying at a former castle before being a guest judge at the nantwich cheese show!
    •  basstardbasstard
    • Friday- End of term fun with kids, then watched DVDs: The Artist, The White Ribbon and a bit of Blackadder (series 3).

Saturady- met up with Alunah to practice because I'm filling in on bass for them at their upcoming Brixton gig (their new album is an absolute winner). Curry and beer in the evening and cooing over 3 month old baby.

Sunday- demolish brick boilerhouse and dispose of rubble followed by Gringo practice.
    •  CareyCarey
    • mike says:
      a guest judge at the nantwich cheese show!

Why is this not happening to me?! :cry:
    •  mikemike
    • I'm thinking i'm going to pay for it with cheese nightmares and half a stone in weight.
    •  bad admiralbad admiral
    • spent mine generally enjoying the sunshine whilst it lasts...
    •  HopkinsHopkins
    • mike says:
      going to peckforton tomorrow for work, staying at a former castle before being a guest judge at the nantwich cheese show!

are you alan partridge?
    •  mikemike
    • I think so, didn't compare cheese to an old woman's hair though. Don't wana eat cheese for a long time now.

Forums - General Chat - Weekend!