Menu

Forums - General Chat

Now reading

•  bad admiralbad admiral
    • a book about how friedrich nietzche's sister went to the middle of the jungle in paraguay to start a colony of aryans.
    • a book about how friedrich nietzche's sister went to the middle of the jungle in paraguay to start a colony of aryans.
    •  CareyCarey
    • I have recently got into Neil Gaiman's novels and China Mieville, looking forward to buying lots more stuff from them. Anyone got any suggestions?
    •  Amy BAmy B
    • Have you read The City & The City by Mieville? It's one of my favourites of his.
    •  CareyCarey
    • Just ordered that one after looking at a few reviews. Glad I've made a good choice.
    • now...
      narcopolis by jeet thayil
      viz
      men's health

next...
      napoleon of crime by ben macintyre
    •  CareyCarey
    • I've been reading a lot of crime thrillers lately. Read the latest in the Harry Hole series by Jo Nesbo, Phantom, and that was excellent. Wildly improbable feats of daring by stereotypical maverick alcoholic ex detective.

Also enjoying the DCI Banks series by Peter Robinson - steady, normal policeman solves plausible crimes in a realistic modern Yorkshire.
    • prepping for my hols in britanny by indulging in some Bond...

so I've just started Carte Blanche by Geoffrey Deaver. 3 days in and I'm just under half way through!
    •  GarethGareth
    • Recently got past the red wedding in book 3 of Game of Thrones. A massive shock, and some of the online pics really shook me. Some great storytelling. The rest has been a little dull in comparison.

Forums - General Chat - Now reading