Menu

Forums - General Chat

Weekend Ahoy

•  JackJack
    • I just had an awesome ride, i was flying today, nearly cleared the triple jump on the 4x track which has a good 20ft gap. Went for one last run and took the last corner too high, front wheel washed out = head hitting the floor hard, both hands out in front, bent little finger back on my right hand and my thumb on my left which going on how it feels may be fractured, ooo well I survived. I thought I had killed my ipod shuffle too as the music stopped when I hit the ground but luckily was just the lead pulling out
    •  PodgePodge
    • hopefully i should be picking up my new rear wheel today so i can finish my town bike
    •  LaddethLaddeth
    • Podge says:

it doesn't look level, that would annoy me to death

It probably is level, it's just the rest of the door and frame isnt.
      I had that problem in my old house, the ceileings were all over the place.
    •  Tino InsanaTino Insana
    • You're weird, Donny.

Did you do that just so you can pretend to be a sailor while waiting for the kettle to boil?
    •  DonnyDonny
    • Tino Insana says:
      You're weird, Donny.

Did you do that just so you can pretend to be a sailor while waiting for the kettle to boil?

No, but I do find myself running up to it and peering out.

And yep, the whole house is unlevel. I think it was built by someone with a wonky eye. Believe me Podge, Jayne wouldn't have allowed me not to have it level, it would drive her OCD crazy.
    •  EggyEggy
    • why have a spyhole when you can have a porthole! Unless it's someone at the door you don't want to speak to.
    •  DonnyDonny
    • It's the back door so it's not too bad, we're nicely hidden away (partly why I had to reinforce it with steel tho to keep out the burglars).

Really dark in that part of the flat, amazing how much light a little porthole can let in. It's a proper porthole too. Even had banacles on it (although that probably means the boat had sunk a bit - hmm).
    •  bad admiralbad admiral
    • can you open it like a really small round stable door?
    •  DonnyDonny
    • Yep. It opens both sides.

Trying to sort it to wire in some led lights
    •  MORRELLMORRELL
    • Donny says:
      Yep. It opens both sides.

Whip, your engineering skills put even Josef Fritzl to shame.
    •  EggyEggy
    • bad admiral says:
      can you open it like a really small round stable door?

or a high cat flap perhaps :s
    •  bad admiralbad admiral
    • MORRELL says:
      Donny says:
      Yep. It opens both sides.

Whip, your engineering skills put even Josef Fritzl to shame.

JIZZLE ON MY FRIZZLE!!!

the whip = mcgiver
    •  HopkinsHopkins
    • Donny says:
      It's a proper porthole too. Even had banacles on it (although that probably means the boat had sunk a bit - hmm).

Does it smell of seamen?
    •  DonnyDonny
    • Hopkins says:
      Donny says:
      It's a proper porthole too. Even had banacles on it (although that probably means the boat had sunk a bit - hmm).

Does it smell of seamen?

Hold on, I'll get me drums out...

hold on...

DUR DUM TISH!
    •  LaddethLaddeth
    • Today I built Frans new Ikea desk while she's at work. All the bits were in the boxes and everything. Looks well swanky.
      Also: Dragged the old desk to the garage aswell as all the boxes ready for a big ol' recycling run
      Did some washing,
      Put a load of washing away in the right place for once (well the right place for me anyway)
      Did a bit of hoovering I'd missed the other day but left some till Fran gives the all clear on the spare room (its full of junk she brough back up form Leeds her parents didnt want cluttering their house so now its cluttering ours)
      Emptied/filled the dishwasher,
      Fixed the WiFi in Frans computer,
      Added another 2 gig of Ram to my computer and installed the Windows 7 64-bit beta (its basically what Vista wanted to be, seems to run faster to, but that might just be the clean install)
      and even paid the windowcleaner in LOTS of change after nearly throwing myself down the stairs to get to the door cos I was carrying some drawers.

I'll be cooking tea when Fran gets back aswell so I should be in the uber good books but there will no doubt be one thing that I havn't done which will piss her off to high heaven because she's a woman and THATS WHAT WOMEN DO!

I am the ultimate house husband today.
      [Edited by Laddeth at 18:50 on 17/03/09]

Forums - General Chat - Weekend Ahoy