Forums - Music Discussion and Promotion

P S O T Y/Karhide/A NINJA SLOB DREW ME - Southampton 16/10/14

•  KarhideKarhide
    • 16/10/14 (Thurs) – The Hobbit - Southampton

• P S O T Y (PET SLIMMERS OF THE YEAR)
      • KARHIDE
      • A NINJA SLOB DREW ME

FREE ENTRY // DOORS 7.30PM / 18+

P S O T Y ( FAO: PET SLIMMERS OF THE YEAR) are a three piece, predominantly instrumental band from the heart of Cambridgeshire, UK who create a live sound much greater than the sum of their components. With hypnotic basslines, flowing dynamics and bone crushing riffs they go beyond any one genre focussing on melody and a light/dark balance of each track.

Recently signed to Candlelight records, PSOTY have played shows with the likes of *Shels, Latitudes, Year of no Light and Nordic Giants.

www.facebook.com/petslimmersoftheyear

KARHIDE take a blowtorch to the heavyweight guitars of Jesu and Pelican and fuse them to crushing beats and drifting electronica that increasingly take their cue from the most out-there explorations of Four Tet as much as the devastating beatwork of Squarepusher. What’s even more remarkable is that every instrument on the record is played by Tim (who only brings in the best drummers he can find to attempt to match his devilish programming) – and that he can pull this stuff off live too, with the precision of Slint and the chest-quaking volume of Jesu.

www.facebook.com/karhide

A NINJA SLOB DREW ME is extended range bassist Daniel James Brown from the UK. He creates experimental solo bass music primarily on the 8-string bass, attempting to remove the conception that solo bass music is only for other musicians.

www.facebook.com/ninjaslob

Forums - Music Discussion and Promotion - P S O T Y/Karhide/A NINJA SLOB DREW ME - Southampton 16/10/14