Menu

Forums - Music Discussion and Promotion

Spider Kitten (ex - Taint) news thread 05 - 06 - 2013

•  RagnarockerRagnarocker
    • Hails Ninehertz'ers

m/_ >^< _m/

Haven't posted on here in a while so thought I'd share some gig news and what we're up to this year so far.

So 1st of all we are playing TONIGHT! In Bristol at The Fleece with Baron Greenback (Chris from Sontaran Experiment) + Death Of Orion + Monolithian, its The Fleece's 1st stoner/doom night, should be kicking!

Our upcoming gigs after tonight are -

June 29th @ The Exchange with Sigiriya (ex Acrimony) + The Rollbars (ex Taint, current Gonga) and We Are Romans (for those who know the OLD Cardiff scene ex - Ch9)

July 27th @ Black Heart, Camden, London - Human Disease Promotions presents our 1st headline London show with Gurt + Grimpen Mire + Torpor (£5 WITH FLYER)

August 3rd @ Le Pub, Newport, with The Death Of Her Money + Cementimental

September 28th @ The Moon, Cardiff, Spider Kitten present our 3rd annual instalment of our self-currated festival- LOSERPALOOZA
      For a third year in a row we will be bringing the HEAVY to Cardiff as we have hand picked another solid line up and possibly the darkest and heaviest to date! Line up is -
      BISMUTH
      SPIDER KITTEN
      GHAST
      ATOMCK
      POHL
      H O M O H

So thats the news on the gigs front, not loads by any means but we don't gig often, prefering to be more studio/life based and pick shows we really want to do, there may be more inbetween, and certainly more later in the year, but for now if you want to catch us live come and join us at these if you can and come say hi and share some riffs and good times!

We are finishing up the writing stage for our next album, which will be a double album based on the life and gradual decline into the pits of mental breakdown and eventual psychopathy of a man called Yakbone Wolftooth, a Welshman living in past times America. We have written our strongest, heaviest, most experimental and deepest bunch of riffs and songs to date, truly gelling as a unit in our songwriting, and exploring and integrating influences from the genres of doom/prog/psych/country/blues/folk/americana and more

Its promising to be a truly epic affair and we are BEYOND excited about what is happening in our studio at the moment. We are currently playing 3 songs from the upcoming album in our live shows posted above so for those who have seen us before we have a brand new set for you!

Before this album sees the light of day (which will hopefully be late 2013/early 2014) we have a crushing ep on the way at the end of summer, expect 4 tracks of earbleeding monstrously heavy cosmic doom!

We are also getting our current album Cougar Club released as a limited edition cassette through Tartarus Records (Witch Mountain, Undersmile, Ortega, Bismuth, Nihill plus more) in August, the tape will come with a limited patch for your battlevests!

So...I think thats all for now...hopefully see you at some of these shows...til next time

Chris
      [Edited by Ragnarocker at 16:20 on 05/06/13]
    •  GarethGareth
    • You had me at "Cougar Club".
    •  BacchanalBacchanal
    • Safe, was sad to miss out on tonight but still on New Dad duty. Should be at the Exchange date though, things will have settled down by then I hope!
    •  MazzMazz
    • I will be at the EXCHANGE
    • Gareth says:
      You had me at "Cougar Club".

Haha
    • Bacchanal says:
      Safe, was sad to miss out on tonight but still on New Dad duty. Should be at the Exchange date though, things will have settled down by then I hope!

I got 2 myself so no worries, I know what ya mean haha, all the best
    • Mazz says:
      I will be at the EXCHANGE

Nice!

Forums - Music Discussion and Promotion - Spider Kitten (ex - Taint) news thread 05 - 06 - 2013