Menu

Forums - Music Discussion and Promotion

Anyone played the Borough in Sunderland?

•  WickedWesticleWickedWesticle
    • We were suposed to be playing with Firebird in a couple of weeks but they've pulled out. What's the place like? I think we'll probably do it anyway though.
    •  OllieOllie
    • Yeah Firebird got dicked on all their gigs so had to pull everything. They're doing a festival in Japan and some dates in Sweden...lucky bastards.

I used to be in a band in Sunderland...many many years ago but never played the Borough. Sunderland is a fucking dump though. We did a gig there (bearing in mind this was about 1993) and for a hometown gig it was remarkably poorly attended. It's a hell of a long way from St Albans to travel if Firebird ain't there. On the other hand, nowt wrong with a nice road trip.

I do have a mate or two in Newcastle, if you go for it I could tip them off and see if they turn up. There's also a band up there called Sorry For Nothing who are pretty good so may be worth hitting them up on Myspazz/
    •  WickedWesticleWickedWesticle
    • yeah I think we'll go just for a road trip if nothing else. If you wanna let your mates know that would be wicked. It's gonna be a 2 piece affair as Dicky isn't available. I'll let the promoter know about your mate's band as well.
    •  HogTeamHogTeam
    • iv played the borough... they put bands on upstairs... its a wierd venue.. layout is a bit odd and the stage is tiny!!!

that being said.... the gig was packed. hand of grief and loathe from malta played there... was really good to say how shitty the pub looks.

the independant is on the same road... played in there with akercocke and blackstar...much better in there.

Forums - Music Discussion and Promotion - Anyone played the Borough in Sunderland?