Menu

Forums - Music Discussion and Promotion

KONG ALBUM LAUNCH + Chickenhawk, Mountains Became Machines, Trojan Horse! Ruby Lounge. Manchester. Tomorrow!

•  adam_mountainsadam_mountains
    • http://c1.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/92/l_adf4284be8ae494e85abb0a986e73794.jpg

WOTGODFORGOT and the wonderful TJE are proud to bring you KONG, this will be the album release party so definitely one not to be missed.

They will be joined onstage by CHICKENHAWK.
      Manchester three-piece Kong’s relentless sonic assault against all things conventional and boring gathers momentum this July with the release of their eagerly anticipated debut album, Snake Magnet.
      Previous singles ‘Blood of a Dove’ and ‘Leather Penny’ blazed a trail for their unconventional sound and showcased their devastating ability to craft heavy, ferocious punk songs. These early glimpses promised much; and Snake Magnet does not disappoint. Bruising bass-lines, face-meltingly intense guitar riffs, beautifully fashioned soundscapes and hauntingly bleak and isolated vocals combine to form an album dripping with existential angst.

The release also contains a DVD featuring live footage, interviews and random stuff offering a window into the twisted but engaging world of Kong.
      To coincide with the album release Kong will be touring the UK in July with able support from Chickenawk. Their penchant for heavily cello-taped faces and intensely powerful and mesmerizing performances marks them out as truly unique and not to be missed.

“Welcome to Kong's world. It's a world of heavy punk and cellotaped faces (leading to pretty scary gigs). You'd be mad not to enter – and you'll probably leave it madder still” Artrocker

“Manchester mob definitively kick the pop out of the punk with this raw and abrasive track with a hefty dose of Fugazi lurking beneath the surface.” Kerrang

“Kong might just be the best band in Britain right now. Ferociously powerful, stunningly inventive, and equal doses of scary and humorous.” Dirtyzine

“The first time I saw them play I felt a burning sensation on my arm and realised that I had developed eczema.” Andrew Falkous 2008 (McLusky/Future of the left)

“The most exciting band in the UK right now” Dan Carter - BBC Radio 1 Rock show

bit of a late post! this is tomorrow! If anyones after cheap tickets just PM me. Going to be epic

Forums - Music Discussion and Promotion - KONG ALBUM LAUNCH + Chickenhawk, Mountains Became Machines, Trojan Horse! Ruby Lounge. Manchester. Tomorrow!