Menu

Forums - Music Discussion and Promotion

CHOPS VIDEO - ILL EAGLE

•  Ben NCMBen NCM
    • This is the almost finished video me and Herod McHugh did for CHOPS with the help of the guys from Uprights, Jon Nash, Dicko, Katie Moore, Aurora Fearnley and Charles Robert Arthur Pugh aka CRAP.

A bit of info about the video taken from the Burnt Toast blog:

On the island where my parents are from everyone forms a massive circle on the day of a wedding, the more confident women from the crowd take turns dancing with the wedding cake erotically in the centre. I don't know why they do this but I wouldn't be surprised if one of my aunties told me that it improved the flavour as they're quite a superstitious lot over there. When I visited (Petite Martinique) one time I filmed a wedding and have used this footage as material for the one we made on the day.

www.vimeo.com/1284577

I took on the central role of chief erotically dancing woman and imitated to a certain extent some of the moves they were throwing in the original film which in turn my servile drones surrounding me would imitate. As for the idea behind it all I think it was about wanting something really badly but in the end not getting it in the form that you wanted, and also about forgetting what's best for yourself as a person and spending the bulk of your time gorging on simple pleasures to the point where you choke to death on them.

www.vimeo.com/1710822

Forums - Music Discussion and Promotion - CHOPS VIDEO - ILL EAGLE