Menu

Forums - Reviews and Articles

The Sun Explodes - Emergence

•  dave_deadspacedave_deadspace
    • Thanks Mike, we're just grateful for the attention, it's always hard to read negative comments on something that you worked so hard on, but honesty is appreciated, too many reviewers are willing to sugar-coat reviews in favour of EVERY band regardless of the quality of their work. Polarising opinion is what making music is all about so thanks for the review containing yours, we will send album 2 when it's finished in the new year and maybe we can build on emergence and present something a little more focused. Thanks again dude. Dave.
    •  PodgePodge
    • Is there someone called Tally in the band?

Reading this thread throws up other negative reviews so it's not just Mike is it.

Props to the band for taking the rough with the smooth
    •  dave_deadspacedave_deadspace
    • No Tally in TSE I'm afraid, It's nice to have people 'sticking up' for us, but we can look after ourselves, the only way to change peoples opinions on the music. is with the work, not by having a go at them for voicing a valid opinion. so to my knowledge (which is limited) it's none of our missus'
    •  GarethGareth
    • I had a listen to the myspace tracks and the whole shred and synths thing doesn't work for me in general so it was an uphill struggle. It's not as bad as Attack Attack by any means. I actually quite liked the vocals, they had a slight 80's vibe to them but they were mixed way too high. On low volume on my speakers the instruments were all kind of murmuring away in the background under the vocals, which always bugs me when I listen to music.

As for constructive criticism, it's hard to make suggestions to improve a bands sound as it's always a matter of personal taste. I don't like this genre so I couldn't give you anything useful other than if you enjoy it, carry on doing it.

And to the person complaing about unprofessional reviews, fine. Aim it at someone who purports to review stuff professionally instead of in their spare time.
    •  EggyEggy
    • just seen the retweet for this review, awesome stuff!

I think it's fair to say most ninehertz fans won't be fans of the band.

Forums - Reviews and Articles - The Sun Explodes - Emergence