Menu

Forums - Music Discussion and Promotion

A New Year's Gift from 'The Grand Astoria'!!

•  pull-my-plonkerpull-my-plonker
    • Happy New Year guys!!

My good man Kamille from Russian stoner-punkers 'The Grand Astoria' dropped me a line last week to say that they had finished up recording their awesome third album, "Omnipresence", and that he wanted us all to have a copy FOR FREE!

Download: The Grand Astoria - Omnipresence

I've been following this lot for the last couple of years and their progression as a band has thoroughly impressed me. Far from being just an ordinary riff-verse-chorus-solo-riff kind of stoner band, they manage to write great songs which blend the elements of fuzzrock, punk and rock n' roll beautifully alongside prog, metal, and Eastern-influenced experimentalism. This record sees that package fit together seemlessly and there's something for everyone to enjoy whether you're a fan of Nebula and Fu Manchu, Dream Theater and Pink Floyd or QOTSA and Rush.

If you're a fan of any of the above, or into something a little different to the norm, I strongly recommend checking them out!

www.myspace.com/thegrandastoria

For more info see my review of their debut album here:
      www.ninehertz.co.uk/viewitem/3705
    •  basstardbasstard
    • Had a quick listen on their myspace- sounds great. I'll download the album soon. Cheers for the heads up Pete.
    •  pull-my-plonkerpull-my-plonker
    • Glad you like it! No worries! ;) You can get hold of all three of their albums via free downloads - but the latest one is definitely the most accomplished!
    •  KamilleKamille
    • Hey guys!
      Enjoy the album and tell me what do you think;)

Forums - Music Discussion and Promotion - A New Year's Gift from 'The Grand Astoria'!!