Menu

Forums - Music Discussion and Promotion

Sep 22nd, A Forest of Stars, Wodensthrone, Narcotic Death

•  royalparkcellarsmusicroyalparkcellarsmusic
    • http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r122/royalparkcellarsmusic/WihtFinishedLarge.png

September 22nd
      Leeds Royal Park Cellars
      £4 Entry
      8pm Doors
      18 +

Stage Times
      10.10-10.50 A Forest of Stars
      9.00-9.50 Wodensthrone
      8.00-8.40 Wiht

Facebook event set up by the mighty Jonerator
      www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=114203737796

A Forest of Stars
      www.myspace.com/aforestofstars
      From metalstorm....
      A Forest Of Stars is not your average run-of-the-mill Black metal band. Coming from the UK, they have that typical British attitude with them of class, high-tea, bowler hats and walking-canes. Ok, that's probably stereotyping and generalizing too much, but if I'd have to give it a place in history I'd place it in the nineteenth century, in a scene similar to that described in for example "The Picture Of Dorian Gray", by Oscar Wilde. Take that and morph it into Black metal and you'll probably get A Forest Of Stars.Fans of Deinonychus, Bethlehem and the Peaceville Death/Doom trio will probably like this. As will everyone that likes his Black metal the experimentation/Avant-garde way.

Wodensthrone
      www.myspace.com/wodensthrone
      From BINDRUNE Recordings
      "Loss" is a completely stunning display of epic, world building Pagan black metal, burning with the fires of England's ancient culture and antiquity. Brilliantly captured in Romania by Negura Music, the recording sessions reveal an otherworldly tone and rich atmosphere that hasn't been this majestically sculpted since the formative years of Emperor. "Loss" is a total escape from the modern complexities and uninspired cookie-cutter "product" turned out by the current black metal scene, to embrace the true power of a time that was alive with conviction and musical exploration. Traditional/folk instrumentation, soaring guitar/synth harmonies, and tortured vocals ride upon the dense aura so brilliantly created by Wodensthrone.

Wiht
      Brand new Leeds based Stoner Doom outfit, bleary eyed grooves and bludgeoning pessimistic peaks. A combination of hat nods towards the tone of Sunn O))), the psych of Boris, the occasional southern fried jams of Electric Wizard culminating in a tasty yet filthy pie of its own pedigree. Featuring members of A Forest of Stars, Solitary Mass and Citadel.

www.myspace.com/royalparkcellarsmusic
      www.myspace.com/lovelytimepromotions
      [Edited by royalparkcellarsmusic at 00:56 on 04/09/09]
    •  mikemike
    • Does anyone fancy this? Forest of Stars album is ace.
    •  Tim HolehouseTim Holehouse
    • They are truelly amazing... I'm sorting a London show for them as soon as I can in a pretty special venue.
    •  royalparkcellarsmusicroyalparkcellarsmusic
    • No More ND unfortunately.

However they have been replaced by the new and mightly local instrumental doom monsters WIHT (See above description).
    •  JonBBQJonBBQ
    • Bump...this is on Tuesday!

Any Edinburgh folk can also catch AFOS on Monday at the GRV (with Altar of Plagues, Wraiths, Haar and Messiah Complex).

I'm off now, see ya!
    •  Tim HolehouseTim Holehouse
    • John let me know when you guys wanna do London I have a an ultra special venue planned for it.

Forums - Music Discussion and Promotion - Sep 22nd, A Forest of Stars, Wodensthrone, Narcotic Death