Menu
    •  mikemike
    • Now I've fired up these from a long time ago, "Goat Of Mendes" is just one of the best albums I've ever heard, the lyrics, the electronics, the riffs, the vocals, all incredible, I lost track of these after the album "Choronzon" which granted, wasn't as good, but was still just breathtaking, anyone know if the albums after are any cop? I've got the first one as well, thats a bit more basic.

What other band do you know that have the sheer british pomp to include lyrics such as these?

"Proceed the path of Agarthi alone, and recieve unholy jism"

"Grant me a skin for dancing in, dark master"

"Sister Cumegonde, oubliette dressed in black, immaculate, impure, devout, hear the melody of the night, feel the winter through your robe"

I know an ex-member teamed up with our very own James from Gorse, is that still the case?
    •  slack mammothslack mammoth
    • I like that thing on the Words That Go Unspoken... DVD where they're in the studio

"Traditions and religions of perpetual mendacity...??? I can't fit all that in!"

•  DonnyDonny
    • I need to check these out again I think. Couldn't get past the biscuit tin drums on goat of mendez
    •  Chesney ChristChesney Christ
    • Saw them once. They had silly shirts & hair, & too much double bass peddling. The keyboardist did pull some amusing faces.
      5/10
    •  JonBBQJonBBQ
    • Words Go Unspoken, Deeds That Go Undone is an excellent album I reckon. I think they got the balance between evil death metal and evil prog about right on that one...
    •  J ParkerJ Parker
    • mike says:
      Now I've fired up these from a long time ago, "Goat Of Mendes" is just one of the best albums I've ever heard, the lyrics, the electronics, the riffs, the vocals, all incredible, I lost track of these after the album "Choronzon" which granted, wasn't as good, but was still just breathtaking, anyone know if the albums after are any cop? I've got the first one as well, thats a bit more basic.

What other band do you know that have the sheer british pomp to include lyrics such as these?

"Proceed the path of Agarthi alone, and recieve unholy jism"

"Grant me a skin for dancing in, dark master"

"Sister Cumegonde, oubliette dressed in black, immaculate, impure, devout, hear the melody of the night, feel the winter through your robe"

I know an ex-member teamed up with our very own James from Gorse, is that still the case?

This is untrue. Pete the ex-bass player, a fine chap, was in discussions with myself, but it came to nothing, and he now plays in Gonga (he was looking for another band starting with G and with 5 letters).

PS I love Choronzon, particularly Son of the Morning.
    •  mikemike
    • Yes, best song on there.

Goat of Mendes is still my fave, even the track where Dean Seddon from Hecate Enthroned is trying his best to keep up with blastbeats and failing.
    •  Rob HimselfRob Himself
    • Awesome band, although I think Jason should bring back his 'tache.

Forums - Music Discussion and Promotion - Akercocke