Menu

Forums - General Chat

World Cup of thee SOCCER 2010

•  basstardbasstard
    • Yeah, as usual, once England have been knocked out we can all relax and watch some decent football.
      Another disappointing final after a cracking third place play-off. I'm glad Spain won though as it means I've won the office sweepstake at work- sweeeeeeeet.
      Holland (well, Van Bommell and De Jong at least) should enter the Ultimate Fighting Championships next time.
      Roll on the start of the season!
    •  CareyCarey
    • pull-my-plonker says:
      Not really sure why Diego Forlan won the Best Player Award, but hey-ho, always good to have some mysteries!!

Aw, come on, he led tiny little Uruguay to the semi-final, and scored some decent goals along the way. I was in tears when Ghana went out but I can give the man his due.

Anyway: ¡El pulpo Paul siempre!
    •  pull-my-plonkerpull-my-plonker
    • Fuck Fuck and Buggery Fuckington!!

I came fourth in the work guess-the-scores game!! Just missed out on top dollar (5 quid).

Twatantellope.
    •  PetePete
    • I guessed pre-tournament that there would be 152 goals (only 7 out) and that there'd be a final of Spain - Holland, but I am not a betting man...

...except for putting a pound in the office sweep stake, where I drew out Spain. Got my £15 winnings today. I'm either putting it towards Wii Sports Resort, or a bottle of nice whisky.

As for the game, the final was incredibly poor and utterly boring. I understood the Dutch spoiling tactics, but now they're blaming Howard Webb, who was faultless in my opinion, they can get fucked.

Saying that, that was the worst international (football) tournament I can remember - barely anything stands out. I can remember games, or at least moments of all tournaments I've been alive to see, including those England weren't in, but I'm not sure in a couple of years anything will stand out from this one.

My summer sporting highlight - England winning the Twenty20 World trophy. Brilliant.
      [Edited by Pete at 16:24 on 13/07/10]
    •  pull-my-plonkerpull-my-plonker
    • Pete says:

As for the game, the final was incredibly poor and utterly boring. I understood the Dutch spoiling tactics, but now they're blaming Howard Webb, who was faultless in my opinion, they can get fucked.

Saying that, that was the worst international (football) tournament I can remember - barely anything stands out. I can remember games, or at least moments of all tournaments I've been alive to see, including those England weren't in, but I'm not sure in a couple of years anything will stand out from this one.

Spot on Pete

Forums - General Chat - World Cup of thee SOCCER 2010