Menu

Forums - General Chat

Free Harmonium.

•  mikemike
    • I can't get it as I have no idea how I'd get it in the house, but yeah, someone should rescue it as it'd be shame to see it in a skip!

quote:
      We've finally accepted the fact that our kitchen isn't big enough to have an upright pedal harmonium in it. So, before we took it to the tip we thought we may as well ask if any of you good people could make use of it - component in an art installation, object to take your contemporary urban angst out on, door stop, paper weight, fuel, or possiblly a musical instrument. We should say at this point that there seems to be something wrong with the bellows. You can get a sound out of it but it's more effort than I'm sure it should be and it doesn't really sustain. We should also say that the harmonium in the photo below is not the one in question as we seem to have lost our camera (probably at one of our gigs). Our harmonium is a darker wood, doesn't have the music stand and has a few of the white key tops missing. Tempted? Well it's free if you're willing and able to collect it from Meersbrook. If you could give us a fiver we could probably ask our neighbours if we could borrow their van and bring it to you.

Please ring or text Jon on 07958481045 to arrange it. Please feel free to pass this message on to anyone you think may be interested. If we don't hear anything within the next five days this beautiful piece of Victoriana will find itself face down in one of the council's skips.
    •  LaddethLaddeth
    • If Fran wouldnt castrate me for getting it, I would have that like a fucking SHOT!
      Someone should get it just to ebay it lol
    •  Tom PTom P
    • Tempting

Forums - General Chat - Free Harmonium.