Menu

Forums - General Chat

Best guitar sound ever

•  GrymGrym
    • Warhorse - As Heaven Turns To Ash

I still don't think anything has beaten that moment when the delicately plucked clean guitar of 'Dusk' gives way to the sheer kick in the guts of 'Doom's Bride'.

Honourable mention - Dragon Green - Emissions From Green Sessions. Awesome tone.
    •  OllieOllie
    • ZZtop - 1st 4 albums
      Angus Young
      Paul Kossoff
      1st 6 sabbath albums
    •  JackJack
    • Kossoff is a good call, hadnt thought of that but his tone is sweeet. Also the best vibrato ever
    •  JenTheHenJenTheHen
    • I dig the Steve Albini opinion.

Got to say, I love my crust guitar. I adore Tragedy's guitar sound - they have an amazing crust sound and then they completely juxtapose it with the other guitar.
    •  J ParkerJ Parker
    • Oh yeah what about Niko from Oxbow and Steve from Torche. And Entombed if we're talking dirty death sounds
    •  bad admiralbad admiral
    • shit yeah! mr wenner has an ace sound.

austerity program are worth checking out for killer tone also.

aluminium guitars are the way forwards.

as long as you don't mind being wheelchair bound at the age of 45 with an irrepairable spine i guess.
    •  bad admiralbad admiral
    • dwayne denison.

awesome tone.
    •  PodgePodge
    • Grym says:
      Warhorse - As Heaven Turns To Ash

agreed
    •  OllieOllie
    • Sex Pistols - Never Mind the Bollocks
    •  Tino InsanaTino Insana
    • Grym says:

Warhorse - As Heaven Turns To Ash

I still don't think anything has beaten that moment when the delicately plucked clean guitar of 'Dusk' gives way to the sheer kick in the guts of 'Doom's Bride'.

Honourable mention - Dragon Green - Emissions From Green Sessions. Awesome tone.

Good call on both of those. I'll have to dig out my Green Sessions, it's been too long.

Id have to say:

Melvins - Lysol
      High on Fire - Art of Self Defense
      The Meters - S/T

Forums - General Chat - Best guitar sound ever