Menu

Forums - General Chat

[Locked] April Now Playing Thread

•  90dayman90dayman
    • New Unearthly Trance. Pretty impressive on the first few listens. :cool:
    •  J ParkerJ Parker
    • Love it when my ipod senses my delicate condition - Kate Bush followed by Genesis' most beautiful ever tune - Carpet Crawlers
    •  J ParkerJ Parker
    • mike says:

Angel Hair- Pregnant With The Senior Class

This is a screamo band from the 90s members went on to be in Red Sparowes, liking it!

I've never really heard them, but always heard good things, they are like Mohinder I believe, who are ace, and Heroin (both Gravity)
    •  mikemike
    • The vocals are a bit Locust-ish but the musics fantastic, lots of scratchy-sounding clean guitar riffage.

I listened to-

Fuck Buttons- Street Horrsing

this morning and its fucking great, really droney in the vein of Sunn0)) and Birchville Cat Motel but with some electronic parts all over it, really want to see them at Supersonic now.
    •  EggyEggy
    • Paradise Lost s/t
      Red stars parade 'disko'
      and just listened to Sika Redem 'entheogen' - which i like very much, still.
    •  grinderno1grinderno1
    • Eggy says:

Red stars parade 'disko'
      Sika Redem 'entheogen'

both of these are fucking awesome albums!

np: yep, yet even more Torche.
    •  JenTheHenJenTheHen
    • mike says:

The vocals are a bit Locust-ish but the musics fantastic, lots of scratchy-sounding clean guitar riffage.

I listened to-

Fuck Buttons- Street Horrsing

this morning and its fucking great, really droney in the vein of Sunn0)) and Birchville Cat Motel but with some electronic parts all over it, really want to see them at Supersonic now.

I am really eager to get hold of Fuck Buttons. It's on my to do list. Very exciting! Glad you like it Mike, that's SOMETIMES a good indicator.
    •  MazzMazz
    • Lots of Black Sabbath.
    •  mikemike
    • Its seriously droney, the songs are all about ten minutes long, really dug it, very modern-sounding, I'm loving the fact ambient music is getting bigger.
    •  JenTheHenJenTheHen
    • Fuck Buttons

YES, I fucking love it. I don't hear any drone about it whatsoever though. Just ambient and lovely in a really hideous, jagged way. Good juxtaposition. Yes, I am well pretentious.
    •  Rob SmithRob Smith
    • Pink Floyd - Wish you were Here

Is there anybody playing Monday night in Sheffield?
    •  mikemike
    • JenTheHen says:

Fuck Buttons

YES, I fucking love it. I don't hear any drone about it whatsoever though. Just ambient and lovely in a really hideous, jagged way. Good juxtaposition. Yes, I am well pretentious.

I think its the constant hum, I managed to time it perfectly to last my entire walk to college today was ace, I usually doubt the hype, but this time its justified.
    •  MazzMazz
    • The Sword - Gods On Earth.

It kills...that's right it kills.

HOW HEAVY THIS AXE....dooo, do, do, do.

COME ON!
    •  PetePete
    • fancy reviewing it for the main site Mazz?
    •  MazzMazz
    • I have written a review of it already. Some people got it on their phones last night. ;)

I'm not that comfortable writing reviews duder.

My reaction to music is very base...very black and white. It rocks....it does not rock. :D
    •  Tino InsanaTino Insana
    • High on Fire - The Art of Self Defense (their best)

Captain Beyond - S/T

Grand Funk Railroad - Caught in the Act
    •  mikemike
    • Russian Circles- Station

This is as good as I was expecting, even has a chug chug chug bit for Flatlands roadtrips.
    •  mambamamba
    • Witch - Paralyzed
      Witchcraft - The Alchemist
      Year Long Disaster - s/t
    •  mikemike
    • Melvins- Nude In Boots (2008)

This is awesome, first track in and its sounding very "A Senile Animal" already, a good thing!

If anyone wants a link to download this let me know.

Forums - General Chat - [Locked] April Now Playing Thread