Menu

Forums - General Chat

Start here

•  grinderno1grinderno1
    • Hopkins says:

Was trying to remember usernames

Yeah, UG board has died a death really, but this place is cool, just a shame Grinder found his way here too ....

think of a new joke once in a while, eh Chris...
    •  HopkinsHopkins
    • grinderno1 says:

Hopkins says:

Yeah, UG board has died a death really, but this place is cool, just a shame Grinder found his way here too ....

It got a laugh

Thank you, I'm here all week
    •  grinderno1grinderno1
    • your flippancy on this matter = makes grinder :cry:
    •  HopkinsHopkins
    • grinderno1 says:

your flippancy on this matter = makes grinder :cry:

Love ya really boyo
    •  CareyCarey
    • aaaw, man love.

hello, all the new people! :)
    •  grinderno1grinderno1
    • is it sweaty man love...?

if it's not sweaty man love i'm not interested. if it is sweaty man love then all is forgiven.

that's just how i roll.
    •  EggyEggy
    • Hopkins says:

grinderno1 says:

Hopkins says:

It got a laugh

Thank you, I'm here all week

Made me laugh too.

too many regular characters stopped posting on UG, co-incide that with the bands that split up, black eye riot's split were possibly a lot to do with that as roy was always on there while getting pissed. I only check UG about once/twice a fortnight now, and it's rare that there's owt to read even then. Hopefully with a bit of new interest from somewhere it'll improve again but i doubt it'll ever be the same.
    •  ChrisSDChrisSD
    • I used to post on there a lot under 'csd-coholic', then it just came to reading a bit on there.

then i personally thought undergroove went through about a 6 month period of releasing shite, and although darren's releasing some good stuff again (*shels, pilgrim fathers, etc) i don't think it feels like the same label anymore.

and like you said eggy, some bands split up, but also some have left undergroove (JT being a big one for pulling in people) or haven't released anything for a while. all added up to it going pretty much dead...
    •  PodgePodge
    • the forum had very little to do with the bands. Sika Redem (sp?) still post on there quite a bit. the main posters were black eye riot and ives, both of whom seem to have deserted the internet for grown up lives.
    •  ChrisSDChrisSD
    • i disagree to be honest. after having posted on their for about 5 years i'd say most of the bands still posted on there quite a bit 2/3 years ago. ollie from JT, roo & dave from TZ, olly and jamie of CSD, ryan from GUM, tony of 3sp, catten and bri of LB, and then ives and paul charger, black eye riot boys, lewis, stein, luke, adam of sika redem.

it's slowly wound down for about a year. with just ives and ber being bastards (in a good way :P) on the board. now they've stopped, it is pretty dead on there.
    •  PodgePodge
    • true, its dead on there, but i don't think that's any reflection on the label.
    •  ChrisSDChrisSD
    • hmmm, i dunno. i used to really love undergroove. buy everything they put out. but after doing some odd releases (my ruin and a few others) i thought it went a bit pants and stopped posting and really checking that often. maybe just me being a grumpy bastard! :P
    •  JackJack
    • http://www.babble.com/CS/blogs/famecrawler/2007/11/16-22/train_wreck-782867.jpg
    •  cotton hillcotton hill
    • Following the instructions to start here, before I wash my balls in ice-water.

Some of you know me as the frontman in Berserkowitz. I have joined this forum with the intentions of keeping jive alive and haranguing my bandmates.
    •  mikemike
    • Hey man how do?
    •  PodgePodge
    • Mr Fletch, good evening
    •  cotton hillcotton hill
    • Not bad chief, re-discovering my love for late 80's gangsta rap as a white suburban male and familiarising myself with Tad's back catalogue. These guys kicked serious ass.

My best wishes to you, Mike.
    •  mikemike
    • Haha best wishes!
    •  JenTheHenJenTheHen
    • FLETCH!

I am pleased as punch that you've finally joined us.

xx
    •  tom.atom.a
    • greetings dude

Forums - General Chat - Start here