Menu

Forums - General Chat

[Locked] Winter watching thread

•  alanalan
    • Finally went to see Django last night, it's soooo good.
    •  GarethGareth
    • alan says:
      Finally went to see Django last night, it's soooo good.

I did too conincidentally. I enjoyed it but I don't think I'd see it again any time soon.
    •  basstardbasstard
    • Gareth says:
      alan says:
      Finally went to see Django last night, it's soooo good.

I did too conincidentally. I enjoyed it but I don't think I'd see it again any time soon.

Sorry to be pedantic but it's Django Unchained. Django was a great spaghetti western from 1966 starring Franco Nero (who, unsurpisingly, cameos in DU). Really great film. I enjoyed Django Unchained but wasn't as bowled over as I was expecting.

I saw Argo this afternoon and was duly impressed.
    •  alanalan
    • Yeah, I thought I should have put 'Unchained' as soon as I'd posted that. I'd like to see the 1966 one, it was on that new MovieMix channel the other day but I missed it.
    •  GarethGareth
    • basstard says:
      I saw Argo this afternoon and was duly impressed.

It worth watching? I've heard it's been winning a lot of awards but so did Crash which I found to be pretty terrible.

I watched Looper tonight, after a great start it drags a little in the middle but it's excellent. Recommended.
    •  basstardbasstard
    • Yes indeedy. Best film Oscars tend to go in the direction of utter pap (Crash being a good example). Argo is definitely breaking the trend. I am particularly wary of Ben Affleck; historically a talentless void whose acting inadequacy has ruined many a film. His acting and directing for Argo are excellent.
      I agree with your Looper comments too.
    •  PetePete
    • I fancy watching Looper. Although the description I got from someone made it sound like Twelve Monkeys mixed with a less-good Inception.

Started watching Game of Thrones 2 this weekend, two episodes in so far. Shame it's only 10 long, although series 3 starts on Sky at the start of next month.
      [Edited by Pete at 09:42 on 10/03/13]
    •  mikemike
    • I watched The Hole last night, what a stupid film. Seemed like a precursor to a lot of shite teen horror/thriller films around that time.
    •  PetePete
    • IT Crowd 4
      Game of Thrones 2

Now ready for GoT3, which starts on 1st April.
    •  basstardbasstard
    • West Of Memphis- good doc on the infamous West Memphis 3 case and its extended legacy of the pursuit for justice.
    •  PodgePodge
    • Watched Argo last night, it's not bad at all. Good to see an American film giving the Americans a bad rep even if it is only for the first 5 minutes
    •  PetePete
    • Lazy Easter weekend watching DVDs...

The Smell of Reeves and Mortimer (series 1)
      The Trip ((only?) series 1)
      Extras (series 1)
      Sherlock (series 1)

All about the series 1s.

I watched War Horse the other day too - I thought it was pants.
    •  pull-my-plonkerpull-my-plonker
    • Been catching up on Broadchurch on ITV Player (yeah, check me out...) Really good stuff, anyone else enjoying it?
    •  mambamamba
    • pull-my-plonker says:
      Been catching up on Broadchurch on ITV Player (yeah, check me out...) Really good stuff, anyone else enjoying it?

Yep. Not bad at all.
    •  PetePete
    • Currently watching Game of Thrones 3 and Revolution weekly on Sky. It's years since I watched a series "live" rather than box set - it's so frustrating having to wait a week rather than stay up all night watching all ten episodes in oe go. GoT has started excellently.

Also saw in passing Sporting Legends - Brian Lara on ITV4 last night, good way to pass an hour.

[Edited by Pete at 17:04 on 10/04/13]
    •  PetePete
    • GoT 3 latest episode. Anyone else watching? What do you reckon?
    •  mambamamba
    • Been getting stuck into The Following. There was a clip of Eatin Dust by Fu Manchu as one of the nutters repeatedly smashed a girls face into a car door. Nice touch.
    •  mikemike
    • Can we make a Summer watching thread?
    •  PetePete
    • The weather today demands it.
    •  GarethGareth
    • Game of Thrones series 2 on blu ray. I really hope Joffrey dies horribly. I think he's even worse in the programme than he is in the books.

Forums - General Chat - [Locked] Winter watching thread