Menu

Forums - General Chat

[Locked] Winter watching thread

•  mambamamba
    • Watched Django Unchained last night. Best film I've seen in a while.

Tonight - new Californication
    •  pull-my-plonkerpull-my-plonker
    • mamba says:
      Watched Django Unchained last night. Best film I've seen in a while.

Going to watch it tonight! Psyched!

DVD boxsets on my post-Xmas pile:
      The Good Wife
      Game of Thrones
      Lie To Me
      Edge of Darkness
      Homeland

See you all in 2019...
    •  mambamamba
    • Went to see Life of Pi yesterday which I quite enjoyed.
    •  mambamamba
    • Watched Zero Dark Thirty last night. Slowly working my way through all the award-nominated films.
    •  bad admiralbad admiral
    • signed up to netflix last night, so will probably get down with some game of thrones, downton abbey and breaking bad...
    •  mambamamba
    • Had a rare night in on my own last night, so checked out Dave Grohl's Sound City documentary. Tres enjoyable.
    •  Tim HolehouseTim Holehouse
    • American Horror - Really good series
      Aaaah! Real monsters- Awesome cartoon
      The woman in lack remake I watched friday night. Was ok.
    •  bad admiralbad admiral
    • Sons of Anarchy - Just finished season 2 so first few of season 3 at present. Thinking I'll stick this out, even though nothing's happening really.
    •  mikemike
    • I've watched a few fillums recently

Les Miserables (great, but too much singing)

The Fighter (Fantastic, both Mark Wahlberg and Christian Bale are amazing in it)

Finally watched Natural Born Killers, very trippy and so 90s it hurts but excellent all the same.

Rewatched Fear and Loathing, still makes me feel weird watching it.

My Mad Fat Diary - This has got to be the best thing on telly at the moment, sums up 1996 perfectly. Set in Lincolnshire too!
    •  Tim HolehouseTim Holehouse
    • Love sons of Anarchy... god I'm waiting for the 6th season now... Apparently i currently look like I'm in sons of anarchy at the mo... ha ha!

Ah is Mad fat diary good... kinda thought be shit from the adverts... might have to give it a go. Tried Derek... thought that be good but no Ricky jertwatface... still a prick!
    •  OllieOllie
    • mike says:
      I've watched a few fillums recently

Les Miserables (great, but too much singing)

Amen brother!!!
    •  mikemike
    • The main songs are fantastic, but singing to each other for the rest of the film is ridiculous. Russel Crowe singing "How are you, it's been a while" or "Leave that prostitute alone" was slightly surreal.
    •  OllieOllie
    • That's exactly what I thought...sing the song bits and speak the speaky bits. It didn't help that Russell Crowe only actually sings 2 notes in the whole film...it was a blessed relief when he chucked himself in Pultney Weir!!!
    •  mikemike
    • The crack when he hits the water was horrible though.
    •  OllieOllie
    • Yeah, you really felt that bit. There were actually a fair few horrible bits in it...mostly involving Anne Hathaway's character.
    •  OllieOllie
    • We've been trying to get tckets to see the stage version in London next month but it's chocka!!!
    •  mikemike
    • Aye the film must have really buffed up the ticket prices and demand, clever!
    •  OllieOllie
    • Yes...thanks Cameron Macintosh!!!
    •  BenBen
    • Watched Django Unchained, that was a lot of fun.

TV wise been watching Spiral, which is pretty good.
    •  GarethGareth
    • I did a Morris Moss and watched both Swedish and English versions of The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo to make a note of the differences.

Forums - General Chat - [Locked] Winter watching thread