Menu

Forums - General Chat

[Locked] Winter watching thread

•  Tino InsanaTino Insana
    • Ben says:
      Watched the end of season 3 of boardwalk empire last night, pretty good.

Episode 9 was one of the best acting performances I've ever seen. Buscemi is the man!
    •  pull-my-plonkerpull-my-plonker
    • Just tuned into Bugsy Malone on More4 - winning all over the place!
    •  bad admiralbad admiral
    • ripper street got 6/10. we'll see how this goes
      restless got 7/10
    • Parks and Recreation; fantastic comedy program. Definite inspiration from Arrested Development, but all the characters come up winners and you genuinely root for them. Ron Swanson FTW.
    •  basstardbasstard
    • TV= Africa: I've always been a sucker for Attenborough-vision and this is no exception. Fantastic.

Film= The Devils, Django and 13 Assassins at home. The Hobbit at the flicks
    •  mikemike
    • basstard says:
      TV= Africa: I've always been a sucker for Attenborough-vision and this is no exception. Fantastic.

Looked stunning even on my tiny telly. Loved the giraffe headbutt fight and the cannibal crickets!
    •  PetePete
    • Tino Insana says:
      Parks and Recreation; fantastic comedy program. Definite inspiration from Arrested Development, but all the characters come up winners and you genuinely root for them. Ron Swanson FTW.

I'll have to check that out. I'm in a boxset catch up phase. Finished GoT 1 recently, will probably finish Homeland series 1 tonight (I wondered how they'd keep a (seemingly) one concept show interesting for more than an hour, but it's still working 10 episodes in), and then I'm aiming to give Breaking Bad a go after that.
    •  mikemike
    • I feel like a luddite when it comes to watching these new shows. I know I'd like them but I've no idea how people watch them other than through shitty illegal streams.
    •  mambamamba
    • Went to the cinema for the first time in months on Sunday to see The Impossible. Bit of a sad one - I could hear people sobbing all round the cinema. Watched Flight last night. Not bad.

Tonight, I want to get stuck into the first season of Dexter, if I'm allowed.
    •  MazzMazz
    • Lewis
      Time Team

Tonight..Midsomer Murders
    •  PetePete
    • mike says:
      I've no idea how people watch them other than through shitty illegal streams.

ebay. older series are fairly cheap.
    •  OllieOllie
    • Watched The Undateables last night...comedy gold!!!
    •  mikemike
    • What, laughing at people with disabilities? Great.
    •  MazzMazz
    • I laugh at people in the queue for the McDonald's DRIVE THRU...but then I'm just a snob.
    • Pete says:
      Tino Insana says:
      Parks and Recreation; fantastic comedy program. Definite inspiration from Arrested Development, but all the characters come up winners and you genuinely root for them. Ron Swanson FTW.

I'll have to check that out. I'm in a boxset catch up phase. Finished GoT 1 recently, will probably finish Homeland series 1 tonight (I wondered how they'd keep a (seemingly) one concept show interesting for more than an hour, but it's still working 10 episodes in), and then I'm aiming to give Breaking Bad a go after that.

Started on the new season of Homeland tonight, has done as a few similar seasons has and started off really pacey, not letting previous stories linger too long. Very enjoyable.

GoT and BB have both been insanely good watches, both for different reasons, in what is my favourite format. And for that I have to thank TORRENTS! Fuck streaming, far too dicey.

Looks like I'm in for a treat with Africa ;)
    •  GarethGareth
    • mike says:
      I feel like a luddite when it comes to watching these new shows. I know I'd like them but I've no idea how people watch them other than through shitty illegal streams.

Now you know how I feel every time you start talking about certain genres. I have a stack of box sets for the loans Mike, you want a list doing?
    •  mikemike
    • Sorry. Yes please.
    •  BenBen
    • mike says:
      I feel like a luddite when it comes to watching these new shows. I know I'd like them but I've no idea how people watch them other than through shitty illegal streams.

Netflix has quite a lot on for £6 a month. If you have a PS3/XBox it's dead easy to get working too.
    •  mikemike
    • I'm too cheap for that Ben.
    •  basstardbasstard
    • YouTube footage of the Infest reunion gig. Intense.

Forums - General Chat - [Locked] Winter watching thread