Menu

Forums - Music Discussion and Promotion

Winter listening thread

•  OllieOllie
    • mamba says:
      Ollie says:
      Backyard Babies...can't believe I've never checked this band out before!!!

One of my favourites, circa 1998.

Between them and Imperial State Electric it's been a bumper week of discovery for me.
    •  mambamamba
    • They sound pretty decent too from what I heard briefly the other night.
    •  OllieOllie
    • mamba says:
      They sound pretty decent too from what I heard briefly the other night.

Yeah...it's pretty close to later Hellacopters but the song writing seems tighter and catchier...strong hints of early Kiss with a nod to the Beatles and garage rock.
    •  JackJack
    • Oh yeah Imperial state electric are cool, Nick from the Hellacopters and one of the Datsuns are in that band I believe. Hellacopters are still right up with my favourite bands if not the favourite
    •  OllieOllie
    • Jack says:
      Oh yeah Imperial state electric are cool, Nick from the Hellacopters and one of the Datsuns are in that band I believe. Hellacopters are still right up with my favourite bands if not the favourite

It was you who got me into The Hellacopters Jack...kind of. You sent me Head Off, which I didn't think was that good but when I found out it was a covers album I checked out their other stuff and flipped out over it. And yeah, one of The Datsuns is in Imperial State Electric, the bassist. It kind of makes me want to check them out further as well.
    •  JackJack
    • Hopeless case of a kid in denial always makes my day!
    •  MazzMazz
    • Ollie says:
      Jack says:
      Oh yeah Imperial state electric are cool, Nick from the Hellacopters and one of the Datsuns are in that band I believe. Hellacopters are still right up with my favourite bands if not the favourite

It was you who got me into The Hellacopters Jack...kind of. You sent me Head Off, which I didn't think was that good but when I found out it was a covers album I checked out their other stuff and flipped out over it. And yeah, one of The Datsuns is in Imperial State Electric, the bassist. It kind of makes me want to check them out further as well.

I have a few Datsuns albums...this is the best in terms of RAWROCKNESS. http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/300x300/36833159.png
    •  OllieOllie
    • Today's discovery is Michael Monroe, Sensory Override...holy fuck!!!!
    •  MazzMazz
    • Iron Monkey - S/T
    •  pull-my-plonkerpull-my-plonker
    • Mazz says:
      Ollie says:
      Jack says:

I have a few Datsuns albums...this is the best in terms of RAWROCKNESS. http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/300x300/36833159.png

Well said Mazz, huge Datsuns fan here too. They were one of the first bands I ever saw live and I'd happily still pay to see them again. The first album is still the most vital one but the really matured into writing some great stuff and dropped back out of their Top of the Pops early stage.

I've been listening to Big Business - Head for the Shallow, an awful lot this week. Amazing rhythms on that.
    •  bad admiralbad admiral
    • i was listening to graveyard by graveyard this morning after catching up on time team.

now i'm listening to it's a swinging christmas by probably dean martin.
    •  MazzMazz
    • http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_jlqR1909ENQ/SwbpNJHrKEI/AAAAAAAABAw/yEBwneoFmiI/s1600/glenn1.jpg
    •  OllieOllie
    • Mazz says:
      http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_jlqR1909ENQ/SwbpNJHrKEI/AAAAAAAABAw/yEBwneoFmiI/s1600/glenn1.jpg

What the fuck...I mean, what the fucking fuck?????
    •  cotton hillcotton hill
    • Neil Young and Crazy Horse - Ramada Inn.
      The absolute top bollocks. So glad to have a musician who can still produce anything near the quality of his prime. Can't wait to see the Horse this June.
    •  PetePete
    • Dyse - Lieder Sind Brueder Der Revolution
      Conan - Monnos
      Circulus - Clocks Are Like People
      Atragon - Volume 1
      Hark - Mythopeia

[Edited by Pete at 16:35 on 29/12/12]
    •  OllieOllie
    • Picked up Shine On by Jet for a quid in a weird little shop in the middle of the Lake District...very good album

Also spinning
      Led Zeppelin - Celebration Day
      Turbonegro - Sexual Harrassment
      Michael Monroe - Sensory Overdrive
      Silver Ginger 5 - Black leather Mojo
      David Bowie - Hunky Dory
    •  MazzMazz
    • Freedom Hawk - Holding On
    •  MazzMazz
    • Hour Of 13 - The Ritualist
    •  MazzMazz
    • A Horse Called War - Stumble At Every Hurdle.
    •  JackJack
    • Golden Void

Forums - Music Discussion and Promotion - Winter listening thread