Menu

Forums - General Chat

Now reading

•  HopkinsHopkins
    • After reading all 5 Game Of Thrones novels 4 times in 12 months, I've moved on to the Wheel Of Time series by Robert Jordan

That should keep me busy for the next few months
    •  basstardbasstard
    • Reading > TV.
    •  GarethGareth
    • Hopkins says:
      After reading all 5 Game Of Thrones novels 4 times in 12 months, I've moved on to the Wheel Of Time series by Robert Jordan

That should keep me busy for the next few months

Reading the 2nd GoT book but it seems reeeally long compared to the first.
      Got The Drowned World by J G Ballard next for a bit of a break before I continue down the Kingsroad.
    •  HopkinsHopkins
    • it's a bit epic
      book 3 is gargantuan. possibly the best book i've ever read
    •  bad admiralbad admiral
    • extreme rambling by mark thomas which is about walking the wall that divides israel from the west bank.
    •  mikemike
    • I don't have time to read any more, terrible state of affairs.
    •  HopkinsHopkins
    • mike says:
      I don't have time to read any more, terrible state of affairs.

i cannot comprehend life without reading
    •  PetePete
    • I haven't got much time for reading at the mo, but have got a book I want to start - Scarlett Thomas: Our Tragic Universe. I got her book The End of Mr Y from a charity shop just because the cover looked good (and it has black edged pages) and really enjoyed it, and have picked up her others since, but none have been as good - hopefully this will be.
    •  HopkinsHopkins
    • Pete says:
      I haven't got much time for reading at the mo

haha

i watched all 5 series of the wire while i was up half the night trying to get a newborn to sleep
    •  basstardbasstard
    • I've been dipping in and out of the complete works of HP Lovecraft- a ridiculously cheap 77p on Kindle.
      Also reading The Book of Dave by Will Self.
    • basstard says:
      Also reading The Book of Dave by Will Self.

I live in the same neighbourhood and Mr Self. I found Book of Dave a bit of a struggle to be honest...
    •  basstardbasstard
    • bad admiral says:
      I found Book of Dave a bit of a struggle to be honest...

Yeah, I know what you mean. The chapters writen in phonetic future-cockneyisms are a bit of a slog.
      [Edited by Pete at 12:46 on 24/07/12]
    •  OllieOllie
    • I've just finished The Gallow's Curse by Karen Maitland...an epic medieval thriller with occult overtones. Definitely one for Mazz.

I'm now on the first of my H.P Lovecraft anthologies.
    •  MazzMazz
    • Ollie says:
      I've just finished The Gallow's Curse by Karen Maitland...an epic medieval thriller with occult overtones. Definitely one for Mazz.

Spooky!..two weeks ago I finished Company of Liars by Karen Maitland :)

On holiday I finished..
      http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51rtKfUWDiL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU02_.jpg

Now reading..
      http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51pF-XIbX%2BL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU02_.jpg

Gropecunt Lane seemed like a happening place
      [Edited by Mazz at 11:32 on 25/07/12]
    •  OllieOllie
    • Mazz says:
      Ollie says:
      I've just finished The Gallow's Curse by Karen Maitland...an epic medieval thriller with occult overtones. Definitely one for Mazz.

On holiday I finished..
      http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51rtKfUWDiL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU02_.jpg

Now reading..
      http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51pF-XIbX%2BL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU02_.jpg

Karen Maitland has another book out called The Owl Killers...that's vey good as well.
    • Ollie says:

ooh...saw that going cheap in a charity shoppe. worth a punt?
    • Mazz says:
      Ollie says:

On holiday I finished..

Now reading..

there was a gropecunt lane in norwich as well.
    •  Wez TDJWez TDJ
    • The Book With No Name/The Eye Of The Moon/The Devils Graveyard Trilogy by Anon.

They're okay. Like reading Tarantino's mind.
    •  OllieOllie
    • bad admiral says:
      Ollie says:

Which one Karen Maitland or HP Lovecraft? Either is worth a look but I'm fucking nuts about the Karen Maitland stuff...can't wait for her to get off her arse and write a new one!!!
    • Ollie says:
      bad admiral says:
      Ollie says:

Which one Karen Maitland or HP Lovecraft? Either is worth a look but I'm fucking nuts about the Karen Maitland stuff...can't wait for her to get off her arse and write a new one!!!

cool. is the nastiness gratuitous. i hope it is.

Forums - General Chat - Now reading