•  PetePete
    • More 2nd hand CDs...

Novadriver - Void
      Battles - Gloss Drop
      Disfear - Misanthropic Generation
      Discharge - Hear Nothing See Nothing Say Nothing
      Blackrock / Roadsaw - The Boston Sherwood Tapes split
      Black Flag - Damaged
      Various - Right in the Nuts (2 cds of stoner bands covering Aerosmith songs, on Small Stone)
    •  mambamamba
    • Fu Manchu - The Action Is Go on vinyl from the gig last night.
    •  PetePete
    • mamba says:
      Fu Manchu - The Action Is Go on vinyl from the gig last night.

Where they good? Gutted I had to miss them.
    •  mambamamba
    • Yeah, I really enjoyed it. Even though Islington Academy sucks balls.
    •  PetePete
    • I went to HMV in Manchester yesterday to get Witchcraft - Legend. I was also tempted by Karma to Burn - s/t Slight Reprise, but while wondering whether it is just a novelty purchase (even with the John Garcia vocal track), I saw Horisont - Second Assault for the same price so got that instead.

Ayone got Slight Reprise? Is it worth it?
    •  mikemike
    • Not heard it but then KtB are great so it's probably worth a punt.

I got the last of 100 Hey Colossus -Witchfinder General Hospital 12" LPs on Friday, sort of on a self-imposed full price record ban, but it's HC and limited so had to go for it.
    •  PetePete
    • Just got back from Vinyl Exchange with my purchases - Black Breath's Sentenced to Life and 2 Blutch albums - remember them? Noisy Belgians who supported Bongzilla on their UK tour going on a decade ago. £15 for the 3.
    •  mikemike
    • I have a Blutch album called Fra Diavolo it's bloody heavy, they are still one of the loudest bands I've ever seen.
    •  GarethGareth
    • This month I've purchased 2 days studio time, the new Converge album and Dishonored for PC, as well as a lot of cold and flu drugs.
      Off the the guitar shop tomorrow to pick a cheaper guitar to replace the one I sold to help fund the studio time, and to cheer myself up as I've been ill for most of this stupid month.
    •  mikemike
    • I didn't know you'd sold a geet! Which one?
    •  GarethGareth
    • The Gibson. I barely played it as I was always worried about breaking it so I was planning to downgrade to a cheaper, more robust guitar anyway.
    •  mikemike
    • Hmmm, still feel guilty.
    •  GarethGareth
    • Don't, it's been sat in its case since the last gig I used it at (Red House in Feb). I'm usually considering selling and/or buying new stuff anyway and have just come home with a nice new Fender Strat.
    •  pull-my-plonkerpull-my-plonker
    • Pete says:
      Just got back from Vinyl Exchange with my purchases - Black Breath's Sentenced to Life and 2 Blutch albums - remember them? Noisy Belgians who supported Bongzilla on their UK tour going on a decade ago. £15 for the 3.

Nice work Pete! Sentenced to Life is still my number1 record of the year so far! A ridiculous amount of energy and aggression!
    •  OllieOllie
    • It's also not summer anymore

Forums - General Chat - [Locked] Summer purchases