Menu

Forums - General Chat

Unusual thread... keeping fit.

•  bad admiralbad admiral
    • flexibility is a key component of staying in shape, mister...it's not just about looking like vince neil on 'roids.

yeah...i gave someone vd whilst fucked on a booze and painkillers binge...yeah. that keeps the weight off.
    •  mikemike
    • I'm going to start running when I've shaken this cold, the streets round here are empty so I won't look half as much of a twat wheezing away, there's also a bit of a weights gym nearby so gona look into that too.
    • kettlebells and circuit training are quickest way of shedding the pounds i've found.

diet is also huge, but nothing takes the place of your functional exercises as they maintain flexibility and use larger ranges of muscles rather than isolating specific groups, which will end up locking out your joints :(
    •  pull-my-plonkerpull-my-plonker
    • Circuit Training is fantastic. Needs lots of motivation, but having done a lot of this through rugby it's definitely a great way to go.
    •  sabbathfansabbathfan
    • One of the main worries I have when losing weight is that I don't want to be left with a large amount of loose skin. I'm not morbidly obese but I do have a pretty big stomach and want to just tone that right down, but I don't want to end up with lots of streched loose skin hanging around......
    •  bosskeloidbosskeloid
    • If you want to lose wait cut out ALL processed food or more importantly WHEAT.... it is horrifically damaging and causes you to put on weight quickly and it will stay there

The bad thing is you have to miss out on BEER & BREAD!!
    •  bosskeloidbosskeloid
    • bosskeloid says:
      If you want to lose wait cut out ALL processed food or more importantly WHEAT.... it is horrifically damaging and causes you to put on weight quickly and it will stay there

The bad thing is you have to miss out on BEER & BREAD!!

LOSE WEIGHT!! I mean
    •  mikemike
    • I reckon this is true, I stopped eating bread for a month and it was the most weight I lost quickly ever. Just love it too much.
    • Give up beer and bread?!?!?! Are you INSANE Gareth?!?!?!?
    •  GarethGareth
    • I said nothing of the sort! If I wanted to loose weight fast it would be cheese anyway, I don't really drink beer.
    •  mikemike
    • sabbathfan says:
      One of the main worries I have when losing weight is that I don't want to be left with a large amount of loose skin. I'm not morbidly obese but I do have a pretty big stomach and want to just tone that right down, but I don't want to end up with lots of streched loose skin hanging around......

I think this only happens if you lose it really really fast, a healthy rate of weight loss should mean your body adapts, the loose skin also only happens at any massive rate on truly huge people who drop half their body weight.

The lightest I've ever been was 12st, and I looked thin then, so I guess 13 would be ideal for me.
    • Gareth says:
      I said nothing of the sort! If I wanted to loose weight fast it would be cheese anyway, I don't really drink beer.

Sorry, BossKeloid = Gareth from GURT, not GARETH, from Gareth :)
    •  sabbathfansabbathfan
    • mike says:
      sabbathfan says:
      One of the main worries I have when losing weight is that I don't want to be left with a large amount of loose skin. I'm not morbidly obese but I do have a pretty big stomach and want to just tone that right down, but I don't want to end up with lots of streched loose skin hanging around......

I think this only happens if you lose it really really fast, a healthy rate of weight loss should mean your body adapts, the loose skin also only happens at any massive rate on truly huge people who drop half their body weight.

The lightest I've ever been was 12st, and I looked thin then, so I guess 13 would be ideal for me.

Thanks, will try and maintain a steady reduction then
    •  bosskeloidbosskeloid
    • I rarely get confusion with Gareth's as i don't know many... so good to see a fellow G on here....

But yes Bread, Cheeses and Beer are all vital vices in life... thats why i am putting more and more weight on and not losing it!!! BOO
    •  GarethGareth
    • bosskeloid says:
      I rarely get confusion with Gareth's as i don't know many... so good to see a fellow G on here....

But yes Bread, Cheeses and Beer are all vital vices in life... thats why i am putting more and more weight on and not losing it!!! BOO

I'm on a bass players forum called Basschat, there's at least 5 Gareths on there including one with 'Gareth Hughes' (my actual name) as a username.

Anyway, I've had a very unhealthy weekend so far and can already feel the fat creeping up on me. Too much booze and pizza.
    • went to france for 4 days and stuffed myself stupid with wine, bread, meat, chocolate, cheese and sausages.

naughty.
    •  WillisWillis
    • My fitness regime the other week was to carry half of Mazzes drum kit over to my house, which was further than I remembered.
      Other than that, I find that getting a really heavy 50 year old bicycle and riding it everywhere helps. You can generally get them for free, and it will never get stolen. The money saved can be used to buy sports lycra.
    •  MazzMazz
    • Willis says:
      My fitness regime the other week was to carry half of Mazzes drum kit over to my house, which was further than I remembered.
      Other than that, I find that getting a really heavy 50 year old bicycle and riding it everywhere helps. You can generally get them for free, and it will never get stolen. The money saved can be used to buy sports lycra.

I was sat on the drum kit
    • Willis says:
      The money saved can be used to buy sports lycra.

have you managed to track down a vest with "muscle beach florida 1986" on the front yet?
    •  mikemike
    • I'm going to start that Couch to 5k thing next week.

Forums - General Chat - Unusual thread... keeping fit.